SOLO 651 question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodpounder

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Are these saws very good ? I havent ever seen one before and came across a friend selling one for $75 i use a stihl 026 how would the SOLO compare to my stihl? just looking for a backup saw. It looks like a Husky or a makita are either of these the same with different names ? Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Solo is their own saw. I ran one a bit ago and thought it was a great running saw. I love my 026 but I liked the 651 a lot also. I have no idea how durable they are but I've heard good things.
John..

That's the pro 651, rather than the SP. Rated at 4 hp, which is too high. But a very well made saw that will last a long time. I have a full woods modded SP, that didn't respond to mods as well as my other 3 cube saws....but also a well built saw.

just saw one at a local dealer today. Normally 599.99 on sale for 539.99. He said it came with a 2 year commercial warrenty. It was the "pro" model in all red. He said solo is the only company on the market that offers that kind of warrenty for commercial use. Looked like a decent saw, would like to run one to see if the proclaimed 4 HP is anywhere close. most 51-55 cc saws are the the 3 to 3.5 hp category.

Steve

Latest posts

Back