solo 680 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Have a Solo 680, did a little reading and it really doesn't say much, most of the info is 5 years old. They take good to port work and were taken over by Dolmar...or something like that.

Someone tell me, is it a good saw, parts out there easy to get and are they runners?

Thanks,

They are strong runners, I really enjoyed the one I ran. I hear coils can be tough to come by. Don't know anything for sure about general parts.

36384_405852860876_580855876_490090.jpg

I just put a new coil and air filter on the one I have. Found a source for new OEM parts that ended up being cheaper than the used ones I found. Currently looking for a used clutch drum and bar setup.

Plus One

On most of the above! They are a terrific saw ( that's mine in Randy's post ) When I got it the coil was bad and most of my coil searching was met with offers to buy the saw! Seems they are an excellent 5 cube class saw. $300 for a good runner is a deal!
They don't last long on eBay........Bob

watsonr, they are alright...be best to just ship it out to me!

kr5258, hey I haven't forgotten about your clutch drum (okay i might've forgot), but I should have some time Friday to get it wrapped and shipped out...

solo 680

Are there any good aftermarket Cylinder and piston kits for this model and who sells it?

Thanks Guys.

Hi Randy

Have a Solo 680, did a little reading and it really doesn't say much, most of the info is 5 years old. They take good to port work and were taken over by Dolmar...or something like that.

Someone tell me, is it a good saw, parts out there easy to get and are they runners?

Thanks,

Hi Randy!

Back