Solo saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith c raymond

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The dealer which I purchased my 7900 has told me that he is not going to be carrying the Dolmar line anymore due to problems with a new distributor.He will be carrying the Solo line of saws ,trimmers ,blowers,etc.What is the quality ,durability,and comparability to the other big guns of the saw world ?I know little of them except they are made in Germany and the look a little like Dolmars.Somewhere down the road if I buy another saw,I would like to hear the opinions of the A/S faithful.

I had a solo leaf blower I would still have it if I had had a dealer close to me. I liked that blower it was well bulit and inexpesive. From what I have heard from some other people around here they make a good chainsaw. I had bought one used but it was messed up so I took it back and got a refund. I would buy their products again if I had a dealer just to pop in to pick up parts.

Solo saw

Keith , I bought a Bailey's B45 (Solo 645) about 22 months ago and it's a good saw , good quality , and was priced right . From what pallis has said parts are a phone call away . Max2Cam uses a Solo 690 for milling and I remember him ordering a part . How can you beat a 2 year consumer or commercial warranty ?

The old Dolmar Distributers in the Northeast are now selling Solo Products.

Last edited:
i love my solo 662 Electronic

i litlery pulled it from the bottom of a pile of saws put in a spark plug and it actually try ed to run off the varnish left in the carb.

It has proved trouble free but the parts are not that hard to get but they have to be ordered i found that the customer service at there us head quarters to be very good.

i think the 28" bar is a little long for it but i rarely cut the full length of the bar anyway

carb kit on mine is a little spendy though "BING 48"

In the old times Solo was very innovative in the chainsaw world.
Here, the only seller of them is Handyman, who sells mostly cheap junk.
Models available are all the "plastic" models which dont seem very durable in the real forest :)

Keith;

Tell your dealer to take a good look at the new Dolmar price list before he dumps the line! Many prices have gone down. Dolmar has recently made a national change in distribution by dumping all of their old distributors and giving the line to the 6 distributors who handle Briggs and Stratton for the US. The New England Dist. had Dolmar for a long time and deserved better, but there were some "Johnny" dist.'s out there.

Solo makes some good stuff, such as the 651pro, which is great. But most of the line has gone in a homeowner direction. The newer saws are all smaller models and the 2 biggest saws are reliable, although somewhat dated designs

Again, it's decent product, but if you look through the catelog, there aren't enough models to really cover the bases from a dealer's veiwpoint.

Solo's real claim to fame is there sprayer line, which is the best!

Thanks Steve. Scott told me about this site and I'm hooked already. Thank him again for the Dolmar info.

The Solo reps stopped in this week. The only saw that were interested in is the larger Top-Handle saw. The new Dolmar PS-3410TH is still a few months away.

Latest posts

Back