Solved - MS200T Chain Cover Not Fitting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFOD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Been trying to work on my MS200T recently, noticed that the chain cover doesn't sit flush to the body of the saw. Can't see anything blatantly blocking it, so I'm not sure what the issue is, whether it's warped or if there's a piece missing somewhere. Any ideas?

20220318_151656.jpg20220318_151705.jpg

The ones i repaired and sold required a good cleaning, the chain brake cleaned and the pin hole on the case cleaned, those covers can warp on the saw from heat and show it after removal.

The ones i repaired and sold required a good cleaning, the chain brake cleaned and the pin hole on the case cleaned, those covers can warp on the saw from heat and show it after removal.
That's what it must be, it's practically shiny now, can't see anything obviously stopping it. Really didn't want to spend the $100+ on a new cover... ugh

you can try putting it back on and running the saw a couple hours to get it hot enough to go back into shape
Considered this, also putting it in the oven or something to mould it back into shape. Might be a last resort.

This is about the best fitment I have had so far. Turned out a part of the chain brake assembly was loose and pushed the inner plate out. Rebuild, clean and some tight screws and it's looking much better.
7ff57830247b7af3d2f47df06d30f19f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

yup almost all of them I have seen! If you buy a $30 aftermarket no name "brand new" one from that one place it is not going to solve anything, just create more problems.

Back