Some firewood pics from this week.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
With the unexpectedly long winter this year, and with some giveaways, the coffers are empty for the 2008/09 winter, so I needed to get cracking, 10cords can take some time to gather/split/stack. This week I spent a couple nice afternoons moving and reducing the wood from one side to the other, just so I could put it back again stacked, to face the southern sun.
During some breaks to refuel the splitter and myself, I had some visitors overhead, some nice cranes, we have hundreds around here, there were more in the V formation, but the camera is slow. Then the turkey vulture thought it'd be nice to wait around in case I keeled over, theres about 16 of them that hang around our place, I have no idea why.

The splitter is a Speeco 25ton, 9.0hp B/S, I/C, about 4or5 years old now, and roughly 60-70 cords have been run through it, it's never been unable to split/shear or crush through anything yet.

The pile of rounds comes out to about 600 cu/ft. all the rounds are 20"long.
THe pile of splits comes out to 1200 cu/ft, and is less than 1/2 of what we need for one winter.
The work took me about 6-1/2 hours total.

Oak;white,red,burr, Cherry, Hickory(shagbark), Ash, Elm, and a little black walnut.

Okay, on to the pics.

DSC02597Small.jpg

DSC02606Small.jpg

DSC02609Small.jpg

DSC02605Small.jpg

DSC02602Small.jpg

DSC02604Small.jpg

Last edited:
It's good to see you using the old stone barn walls, most people just want to tip em over and bury them. :clap:

In another year or two, they'll fall over themselves, and because of that potential, they will be coming out mechanically and get replaced by something more stable, but then a new floor, and a roof would make it an even more useable space. It never ends.:)

Back