Some peeled pine logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Van

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
There's about 20 logs in this pile, some over 2 ft. from a tree job not far from here in early June. Didn't take long, I spotted the tell-tale holes in the bark from the sawyer beetles. They peeled pretty easy with this old chisel I put a long handle on. It's not a fun job, but better than seeing [and hearing] your logs being riddled by the grubs.
pinelogs1.jpg
The last log, a nice 16 footer, I couldn't get onto this pile thanks to all the stinkin rain we've had. The soil here is like mush, we need some sunshine so bad.
pinelogs2.jpg
I'd rather keep these logs for awhile rather than sawing now. You know as soon as you make a lot of 1 inch lumber, someone will ask for 2 inch.

Be OK if you sent some of that rain down this way to Delaware. It is really getting dry down here. Nice logs.lmbeachy

Hey Lester
Did you ever get around to milling that big oak your neihbor had?
Been raining pretty good up here in South Jersey. We need to send it down south - Joe

White pine - yes

Nice, I really like working with that stuff. I built my whole work shed out of white pine that I milled.

We must have the same weather as you guys in CT. It is like a rainforest out on my land. The trees are dripping no matter if its raining or not, all day. Not great for seasoning the firewood or the lumber.

Joe: Haven't done anything with the big oak yet. Still laying there from what I hear. The other fellow is not sure what he wants to do. Lester

Back