Some people

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, what is the Yooper part of your sig being as it says from central dairyland? Did you transplant over there from U.P. here?

right on. Now living in the tropics (northern Wis) :laugh: You can take the boy from the U.P., but you can't take the U.P. from the boy.

I had a neighbor pull a gun on me once. I was resetting a cattle gate that his fire mitigation dude had broken. They rolled a log down a sidehill and took out the gate post. I had hauled in a RR tie, dug out a 4 foot deep hole in the decomposed granite and I was mixing concrete to ser the post.

I had never seen him before and he was screaming and yelling that I was trespassing with a revolver in his hand. His wife was behind him.

I looked him in the eye and said I was fixing fence that his crew broke. He denied it, and I pointed up the hill at the fresh stump, and then at the Ponderosa rounds laying all over.

The wind blew out of his sail, his wife looked at him like he was a bug and it was over.

We got along after that. I never liked him, but I was welcome to stop at his place when I was hunting for my Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. The dog would chase Blue Grouse all over Sugarloaf Mountain.

You see it worked out because I stood my ground and acted rational in front of his hysterics.

Be cool old son.

Y'all sure have a lot of neighbor problems.

If I don't have any that are a problem, does that mean that I'm the problem in the neighborhood?

Y'all sure have a lot of neighbor problems.

If I don't have any that are a problem, does that mean that I'm the problem in the neighborhood?

Nah, it's just that your reputation precedes you...it's that first line there, right under your user name...:hmm3grin2orange:

I didn't have time to read all the other replies so sorry if it was already mentioned, but the coup de grace will be when you nail her for trespassing. State law here says if you're warned to stay off the property and you return, it's trespassing. If you have to overcome any obstacle to enter the property (i.e. a fence), it becomes criminal trespass. That's one mugshot I'd love to see, if you're lucky maybe your buddy the sheriff could oblige us.

That brings up a good point, all these "sucky neighbor" threads and I don't ever recall seein any mugshots?!
I think we need some mugshots!

I grew up on a farm where all the neighbors were like family or were family and usually got along well. As kids we just cut across the fields to fish or hunt. One of the shortcuts I took to my uncles land got bought by one of those jackass types. I was 13 cutting across as always when this guy shot the tree above me and ordered me to turn around ,get out and stay out. I told my parents and they told me it was his land and that he had also closed the snowmobile trail through his land also. Fast forward a few years my brother was deer hunting with our cousins whose land surrounded this guys land. They had permission to cut through, but this jackwad shot the tree over my brothers head and ordered him to go back and stay out but the rest could pass through. This neighborhood prick is my own brother. Sadly this is true.

The saws are in the Gator and my BIL will be here shortly.
It's nice and cool this morning, good weather for cutting.

I think some carefully place no trespassing signs, where she can see them every time she goes to her property, will annoy her to no end. She will come to decompress and be visually assaulted by the signs before she even gets to the house. The signs will serve two purposes, letting her know not to trespass and providing a visual reminder it was her that caused the eye sore.:msp_rolleyes:

I live in the boonies. My neighbor is a logger and sells firewood. Every Saturday he starts cutting and splitting around daybreak. Another neighbor is Amish, his diesel engine runs at all hours to power an air compressor to run all his household and shop equipment. It has no muffler. Woke me up at 0400 today. It is what it is. I will deal with it. I will not, however do the same thing. I won't make noise until a "decent hour" around 0800 at home.

Be considerate, don't go out of your way to make noise, but continue to live your life as normal. If life as normal means firing up the OPE at 0500 that may not be considerate to others. Remember The Golden Rule; you can't go wrong! Just because someone is is not considerate of you does not mean you should lower yourself to their level. Always take the high road.

I'm heading out to cut right now. I waited because I will be cutting near someone's house today. If I'm cutting in an isolated place I will start at first light. It's not hard.

Happy cutting! I hope your neighbor realizes you are being considerate by not cutting at 0500!

Cooler heads prevail and it's very hard to make rational decision during an irrational state.

If ever there was an indisputable statement... that one is as close as it gets!

I remember my first physical (fist fight) confrontation (7, maybe 8 years old) and I got my butt kicked... dad stood and watched the whole thing from across the road. As mom was cleaning me up dad asked if I'd learned anything... and I sputtered some sort of angry words through the tears.

Dad said, "Naw... your mistake was ya' got pizzed-off, lost your head, and forgot to keep breathing."
All I could do was blink as that statement slapped me.

I may not have learned that lesson as my butt was getting kicked... but I ain't ever forgot what dad said that day.

addendum;
Sometimes confrontation (of some sort, not necessarily physical) is unavoidable... it-is-what-it-is. Running from it just delays the inevitable, ya' can't hide from it. The best you can do is suppress your emotions (especially anger), keep breathing, think, watch for the opening... and when you see it, go for the knock-out. If the other guy (person) is pizzed-off, that opening will present itself rather quickly.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, is this all right? It is all men.

My area is a timber area. Many men are loggers. Now, logging these days requires getting up in the wee hours of the morning, sometimes 2AM and always before 5AM because most jobs are a bit of a drive, and work starts at the butt crack of dawn.

One yarder engineer has the policy of going to bed, and ANYTHING that wakes him up gets shot. That's kind of the opposite of your problem.
But because he is a man, is his way OK?

Just out of curiosity, is this all right? It is all men.

My area is a timber area. Many men are loggers. Now, logging these days requires getting up in the wee hours of the morning, sometimes 2AM and always before 5AM because most jobs are a bit of a drive, and work starts at the butt crack of dawn.

One yarder engineer has the policy of going to bed, and ANYTHING that wakes him up gets shot. That's kind of the opposite of your problem.
But because he is a man, is his way OK?

That is ridiculous. You are saying this guy would actually murder someone if he accidently got awoken?

Don't worry, not moving to, or even ever visiting your area. People go on and on about southern rednecks (I am neither a redneck nor a born here southerner, but have lived here long enough to know how the culture is), if the PNW guys are like that, shoot someone for waking them up, and ya'all and the local heat are Ok with that and people will work with him, forget it. Dude sounds like a waste of..just a waste,. not someone I would associate with socially or professionally. I wouldn't care how good a "yarder" he is. If he is a thug, same as an inner city ghetto thug, a wasted human who should be shunned by all around him until he gets the point. Dude can't afford 50 cent earplugs? Oh ya, that's not "macho" to wear earplugs.

No one around here gives a crap when you run an engine or go shooting outside. Even city people who move into the country. Takes em about a week or so to get with the program and adapt. I am sure there are exceptions, but I haven't run into any yet.

Zogger, slowp is just stirring the pot, making straw men and poking them full of holes.:msp_wink:

Mr. HE:cool:

Caint wait to hear if that lady comes back spouting off at the mouth.

Yes. Just think, she is much more tacky than the OP, who is spouting off on the internet!

Zogger, slowp is just stirring the pot, making straw men and poking them full of holes.:msp_wink:

Mr. HE:cool:

Nope. Just pointing out that there is another alternative to stupidity and stubborness. I don't know the OP. Why should I take his side of the story as gospel? I'm not going to affirm stupidity. He's just going to ramp up a little, meaningless neighborhood dispute into something he may regret.

For all you manly "I live in the country" folks. Our population is growing. You are going to have to get along--play well with others or you will live a bitter life. I pity people who are so boring that they have to start neighborhood feuds and boast about it. That's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
A mans way is always okay, but it isn't always necessarily right. In this context "man" means both men and women.

After all, we are only human and in being human it also means we are not infallible.

and you,,as a woman,,,not just a female, as per your comments,,your opinion has value on this forum...lots....

Latest posts

Back