Some people

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Private security on a public road, stopping people??
Y
Man, they are lucky..real lucky

I cant even imagine how that conversation would play out if they happened to stop my smart### and started asking stupid questions.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Private security on a public road, stopping people??

Man, they are lucky..real lucky

Yes, lots of armed people up here. And they sometimes shoot.
Met this guy for the first time on Tuesday when I was cutting wood along the highway.

Shingletown Man Accused of Shooting Neighbor Has Criminal History | Local News - Home

55 guns confiscated in DOJ raid in Shingletown | Local News - Home

He didn't introduce himself at first, took me a while to figure it out. I may have to start carrying.

Yes, lots of armed people up here. And they sometimes shoot.
Met this guy for the first time on Tuesday when I was cutting wood along the highway.

Shingletown Man Accused of Shooting Neighbor Has Criminal History | Local News - Home

55 guns confiscated in DOJ raid in Shingletown | Local News - Home

He didn't introduce himself at first, took me a while to figure it out. I may have to start carrying.

Its like American Express, I never leave home without it...

The link in MrWhoppee's post reveals this very relevant headline:
Neighbor Dispute Leads to Fatal Shooting in Shingletown
This is what these things can lead to. Thank goodness the OP's situation seems to have been resolved peacefully, at least for now.

OP, Word gets around in a small town. Could it be when word got around about your new neighbors behavior, your other neighbors wanted to get in on the fun?

I for one am a little disappointed, was looking forward to the pics ect, might have to piss a few of my neibhours off now to compensate lol, not really but this thread needs a few more days of fun:)

Am glad it is working out the way it is though, carry on:rock:

OP, Word gets around in a small town. Could it be when word got around about your new neighbors behavior, your other neighbors wanted to get in on the fun?

The guy running the saw this morning was purely coincidence, I spoke with him this evening.
The kids last night are a real possibility, they were back at it earlier.
I think the new neighbors left, there weren't any vehicles there when I went by a couple of hours ago.

What has probably happened is she went back home and is anxiously waiting for Monday where she will be able to get in to speak with her attorney. "She'll show all y'all" since she is the vindictive type. But, her attorney will also tell her exactly where the bear does it in the woods. The poor thing just might burst into flames! :angry2: (said with sarcasm) :msp_w00t:

If she wanted the peace and quiet of a country setting she should purchase 1000 acres and plant her house right in the middle of it. Or better yet, just buy an island some place, like near the South Pole!

I for one am a little disappointed, was looking forward to the pics ect, might have to piss a few of my neibhours off now to compensate lol, not really but this thread needs a few more days of fun:)

Am glad it is working out the way it is though, carry on:rock:

As foul a human being as this woman is, I don't see her throwing in the towel without a fight.

Yes. Just think, she is much more tacky than the OP, who is spouting off on the internet!

Nope. Just pointing out that there is another alternative to stupidity and stubborness. I don't know the OP. Why should I take his side of the story as gospel? I'm not going to affirm stupidity. He's just going to ramp up a little, meaningless neighborhood dispute into something he may regret.

For all you manly "I live in the country" folks. Our population is growing. You are going to have to get along--play well with others or you will live a bitter life. I pity people who are so boring that they have to start neighborhood feuds and boast about it. That's all.

Slowp,
I agree with your point that we need to be on good terms with our country neighbors becouse thats how we live and survive out here. Neighbors cattle out? Put them back in. Expect the same from them. Id do anything for my neighbors becouse they would do the same for me. The problem lies when you so called "neighbors" start causing trouble that could better be left alone. If they move out into the country to find peace and quiet and they move next to a person who works for a living and heats his house with wood, thats their problem.
We play nice but everyone should respect eachothers property, family, and the decisions and actions they make and or do with them.

Sent from me to you using my fingers

To properly icing the cake you will need to get word back to Katherine through a non involved third party that you will make her submit to a fingerprinting and mugshot just in case the next time she sets foot on your property and the enormity of the bellie laughs everybody in the county got at her expense.

What I have been wondering is, I don't know if it has been mentioned before, what is she going to do when the first storm comes through and 1. some trees fall on her driveway and 2. the power lines get ditched? Will she then recognize that electricity doesn't miracously come out of the soket in the wall? And the best is going to be when it's during a winterstorm.... she could freeze to death if she doesn't have some major precations.

Further I believe that it was a wise situation to not take a gun to any confrontation! Much better would be a video camera mounted on your gator overlooking your workarea and documenting the vocabulary coming out of her mouth. Just think of her friends seeing her on youtube....

Finally I would have talked shortly to the police and described the problems in advance. Always good to be first to document a problem.

As foul a human being as this woman is, I don't see her throwing in the towel without a fight.

I'd say you've likely got that pegged correctly.... the thing is, unless you screw-up, she can't do anything. I'm bettin' when she finally comes to the realization there ain't anything she can do in a legal, or civil sense, she's gonna' try to really pizz-you-off in hopes you do something she can pounce on. Look for it, get ahead of it, keep your eyes and senses sharp... and above all, don't lose your head. Don't play her game; when you find roofing nails spread on your drive don't get pizzed-off and throw 'em on hers... just call the sheriff and report roofing nails on your drive. Don't mention names and point fingers (unless a deputy asks if you have an enemy), just report someone spread roofing nail on your drive. She's already shown her colors to the sheriff's dept... she'll make her own bed if you stay calm, cool and keep breathing.

Unfortunately i've seen these things play out before and you have not heard the last of her. These people have a "city slickers handbook" and the next move will be her attorney filing motions and contacting the local politicians and trying to influence you local plannning or zoning board, I would preempt such moves by finding out who the shot callers are and where there heads are at. I would also not have another conversation with her without a witness present, she has already proven to be a couple sandwiches short of a proper lunch, no telling what stories she might cook up to neutralize you.

What I have been wondering is, I don't know if it has been mentioned before, what is she going to do when the first storm comes through and 1. some trees fall on her driveway and 2. the power lines get ditched? Will she then recognize that electricity doesn't miracously come out of the soket in the wall? And the best is going to be when it's during a winterstorm.... she could freeze to death if she doesn't have some major precations.

Further I believe that it was a wise situation to not take a gun to any confrontation! Much better would be a video camera mounted on your gator overlooking your workarea and documenting the vocabulary coming out of her mouth. Just think of her friends seeing her on youtube....

Finally I would have talked shortly to the police and described the problems in advance. Always good to be first to document a problem.

She doesn't' live here full time, this is weekend place for her.
The sheriff's department has been involved.

Latest posts

Back