Some pics of my new Husqvarna 336

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running a Cannon 14 inch dime tip on the 339xp. There is a nut on the end of the clutch, so no extra tool is required (unlike the 346xp).
Bill,

This is what it looks like:

attachment.php

Does the nut in the center just loosen to clockwise (reverse thread)?

Do you use an impact wrench on it?

Regards,
TT

Bill,

This is what it looks like:

attachment.php

Does the nut in the center just loosen to clockwise (reverse thread)?

Do you use an impact wrench on it?

Regards,
TT

I can't see the pic.

Yes, on my small saws I carefully use an impact driver set to lowest setting. Many folks don't recommend do this because you can cause damage pretty easily. More common to use a piece of rope as a piston stop and a wrench.

Again, I am not recommending the impact wrench - you pick your own poison.

Now we're talkin'!

Got some help at the local shop I bought my oil and odds and ends at. They charged me $10 for a scrench for the 336 and put the sprocket on and b/c. Nice folks. Good to know they'll help me out when needed. And they quoted me $459 for a 346xpne with a 16" bar.

They used an impact wrench also.

attachment.php

Regards,
TT

Just me starting to play with my new small saws and carving bars a little.

A friend shot some pics and then decided to put together this for fun. He ran out of shots and if you look quick there is only one slide showing I burnt the top and underneat the 'room.

I didn't tell my friend (where we were) what we were doing and later when she came home and was walking back to her shop she saw it and thought it was for real at first (we sort of hid it back in the ferns) and was pretty excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaK-OHJrxA4

Bill,

That's GREAT!

I wouldn't mind trying a 'shroom...I'm getting some chunks of pine and cedar in the next day or two.

Regards,
TT

Latest posts

Back