Some pictures of my company

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice equipement and story! Keep up the good work!:greenchainsaw: How's that grinder on the bobcat? Been looking at something similiar to that lately

The bobcat grinder works good for long grinding jobs, its slow but it does a good job. Make sure you keep an eye on hydro temps when using it. And change your fluid alot more often.

Nice equipement and story! Keep up the good work!:greenchainsaw: How's that grinder on the bobcat? Been looking at something similiar to that lately

ya the grinder works well for the bobcat. when i bought my machine i bought a highflow model giving it more tourqe over a standard flow bobcat. i bought the bobcat with long grinding in mind. turn your radio on and grind all day. thats usually how i set it up do all the cutting during the week and grind on saturday. i always thought of it as a stump grinder than can do alot more than just grind stumps.

best advice i can give you if your planning on getting one is demo them before you buy them. i wasnt happy with alot of the other brands. some of the other brands really limit where you can use it. the bobcat version the machine is really firmly planting when you are grinding and requires the machine not to move whey you grind.

the bradco pushed the machine around to the left in right leaving turf damage under the machine because it pointed straight off the front.

some of them are just poorly designed and really under powered. but it also depends on the size of your machine and hydralic GPM.

Last edited:
When you started at 18 were you certified and insured?

yes i was able to get insurance, it was very exspensive when i was younger not so bad now. as for being ISA certified i am not. when i worked for bartlett i was going to do it just for a raise, im not sure im that interested in even doing it now. i have never once had a Home owner ask me if i was certified throughout the thousands of jobs we have done. They mainly care about insurance. I think the ISA certification is a good think it sets good standards wich i already work by thats how i was taught. but on the other hand i dont think it would help me make another nickle.

If any of you guys live close and have some experience i am looking for some help to get through the winter.

also thank you all for the positive comments

if you can get it thiers tons at our shop its even seperated we usually just give it away we dont have enough room to store it we have a one acre lot stacked with logs

If you can, PM me with your location. I may need to come and get some wood one of these days. I'm in Washington PA, but I work in RIDC Park off of RT28.

Thanks,
Joe

love the company name!!! Nice to see someone really do well, I can only hope that I am half as successful as you are in the coming years.

thanks thats actually a picture of my dog on the side of my truck. and as far as you doing well anything is possible. thiers only one way to find out.

Nice company,

Nice company, I am proud of you. I am in the south hills of pgh and if you get any hardwood in the spring, I am interested in some for my own use for firewood for the house. Save you dumping it and some cash for your pocket! P.M. me if interested.

just another picture i snapped with my cell phone yesterday. its getting freaking cold up here it was like 28 degrees when i did this. it was like a 50 foot hemlock. easy stuff

1208091145.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back