Someone run a serial number for my new to me 064?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My supposed 064 arrived yesterday and today I'm checking it out. No marks to identify it on the tag, I can read AV in big letters and electronic quickstop under that. Serial number is 1192 42108. Clutch cover is broken, muffler cover is brazed to fill the cracks and the seller told me it ran a few months ago:angry2: ......NOT with 85lbs compression it didn't!! Piston has light scoring and the cylinder looks ok. New rings, fuel line, clutch cover, muffler cover and whatever else it may need, I still think i got a good deal unless the tear down reveals something else screwed up and you know that means BB kit! Not to dirty, no cracks or broken plastic or missing parts. Full wrap handle needs new rubber and no limiter caps. I did notice the restricted muffler under the cover, it needs some more holes and a muffler mod. You can see the top cover is level compaired to the 044. I know, I know...the 044 was just got a couple weeks ago and I haven't had time to clean it up, but it has 145lbs compression and ran on the 3rd pull!

Here it is sitting beside the 044.
IMG00085-20100724-0948.jpg

IMG00084-20100724-0947.jpg

IMG00083-20100724-0946.jpg

IMG00082-20100724-0945.jpg

Thanks

Nothing comes up with that serial number. But items sold before everything was computerized about 10 years, are rarely in Stihls computer system.
And all a Stihl serial number that has been registered will tell you is who bought it and when.

Better check your crank bearings carefully. I had one here that felt smooth, except the nylon cage was gone and the balls would bunch up on one side. This allowed the flywheel to hit the coil. That's a pretty old saw that could have seen a lot of use.

I love 064's, and and no doubt that you will too. Throw some tire gel on those plastics, they will clean up very very easy.

Looks like my 064 (well, yours is actually in one piece), but I'm no Stihl guru.
If you're in doubt, measure the bore. I believe the 064's were 52 mm.

Andy

yes, it came from a pawn shop in oregon and they shipped it to me.

Aha, the Mcminnville special has arrived. I thought about driving out to see it but the owner of the shop rubbed me the wrong way on the phone.
I'm glad you're happy with it.
Looks decent.

Aha, the Mcminnville special has arrived. I thought about driving out to see it but the owner of the shop rubbed me the wrong way on the phone.
I'm glad you're happy with it.
Looks decent.

Lol, the McMinnville special. I almost called on it as well.

how did i miss this saw?????

can we get a better pic of the recoil from the top.
the 064 has narrower recoil then the 066. that one pic from the top it almost looked like my 066

Better check your crank bearings carefully. I had one here that felt smooth, except the nylon cage was gone and the balls would bunch up on one side. This allowed the flywheel to hit the coil. That's a pretty old saw that could have seen a lot of use.
What kind of side-affects would you see from that? There is one sitting in the shop that will not run, you can pull on it a couple times, then it will catch and bout jerk your arm off.

Back