Something for the light work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheap little limb trimmers

I am partial to the little Poulan 2000's weighing in at 7.8lbs. Had this one since 94 and only replaced a bad coil module. Bought new for $99, you can find them used for $50 and less shipped to your door. I run 10" and 12" b+c for trim purposes. They have no av, so cutting all day can tingle the hands.
I just picked up a poulan 1800 (because they dont make them anymore with metal cases etc)from a guy on this site(SURE HOPE IT FINDS HOME SOON), that is suppose to be like new condition. 33cc and 30c and light weight and cheap up keep top handle. For little stuff 8" under hard to beat without spending a fortune.
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32093&d=1142291670
The 2000 is the one in the back. XX is in front. and here is the 1800 i just bought for $50 shipped. IF IT SHOWS UP! Been weeks now. Cant wait to pull that long bar off and put a 12" trim size. Bang for the buck. http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37631&d=1157387895

Last edited:
I regret not buying a CS3400 soooo bad now. It was $20. Looked new, ran. Was at a flea market. I was weary of echo's, at the time. Then I worked on a CS302, which was great, and got a PB60 backpack blower for free.

hamradio said:
I regret not buying a CS3400 soooo bad now. It was $20. Looked new, ran. Was at a flea market. I was weary of echo's, at the time. Then I worked on a CS302, which was great, and got a PB60 backpack blower for free.

At $20, even a saw that isn't running is worth it if it is all there! You should definitely kick yourself over that mistake! :dizzy:

At the time, I didn't know that it was a good saw. I saw a primer and thought it was homeowner, since all homeowner saws have primers. Too bad I didn't. I like my Olympyk a LOT, though. Very nice saw. How is a 935DF? How much did it cost, new? I bought it for $25. Needed a carb cleaning. And yes, for ground work, what a pain to cut with. I bought it because it cheap, and for limbing.

Olympyks are not bad saws, at least not the ones that are similar to the recent Efco/ Oleo-Mac and John Deere saws.

They are made in Italy, under control of Emak.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

I wanted to reply yesterday, but I was too beat to move :dizzy:

I spent the weekend down at our place, and worked myself silly. We've been in kind of a crunch to get the fall food plots done, and meanwhile other things have been slipping, so needless to say I was way stacked up on my things to do list.

Sunday night we almost ran out of firewood, so I spent a couple hours with the 'ol 6401. We're not too good at it yet; we just look for a dead tree in the woods and cut it up.

Anyway, thanks again for all the useful input.

I just now placed a winning bid on a Echo 346 on ebay. I was fixin' on getting down to business to research some of the other saws mentioned here, when I came accross a 346 that was only at $133 I think it was, with 2 minutes left. My winning bid was $156 or something close to it.

I figure for that price, its worth a try.

So, thank you all so much, once again, for the great input.

Maybe after I get it, Ill try to get some pics of it, the 6401 and the Super 2 together. :greenchainsaw:

Back