Something weird happened at work today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imagineero

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We run an all Stihl crew, but to put a cat among the pidgins I decided to throw a rebuilt 346xp in there. There was a mixed reaction while we were getting setup this morning, the boys passed it around... It got picked up and put down about a hundred times, next to the 026. Some liked it, some didn't. The usual comments got made about air filtration and one of the guys pointed out that he didn't like the chain adjuster. Overall it got a pretty favorable response, and everyone agreed the handling was nice.

Well, that should have been that, guys grabbed whatever saws they needed and headed off but this is when things started to go a bit pear shaped. The guys all headed straight off to get cutting, but the guy who took the 346 never quite got there. He took a few steps in the same direction as the other guys, but he started veering off to the right, like he'd had a few too many beers. I thought he was going to take a piss or something, but after he wandered off about 5', he stopped and looked around. He grinned a bit, at his own silliness for wandering off. He turned to the left and started walking again, but this time veered much further off to the right. He turned back to look at me, this time with a worried look on his face. Something was clearly wrong. A couple of the other boys turned back wondering what was going on. He turned left again, and started off at a quicker pace, but this time walked around in a complete circle, like a dozer with a track missing. Now he was really panicked. The whole crew was staring. Even the house owners dog looked worried. He turned left, and this time, ran. Full speed. All he did was go round and round in circles.

We never did work out what was the cause of it all. I remembered saw troll mentioning something about the importance of balance. I thought I'd put a post up to see if we can get some advice. We left him at the job site, and we're going back tomorrow to see if we can sort him out. What should we do?

Shaun

252538d1347402121-disgood-gif

:hmm3grin2orange: nice story! Hope you left him some bar oil so that he doesn't get thirsty.

Did you check the CAD insane asylum?? Are they missing anyone.??

Or maybe he was used to the MS261,

Since the 346 is SOOOOO much better at handling.

It could've thrown his balance all off, causing him to do circles. :laugh::laugh:

I gotta tease you a little Niko.

Adam

It was caused by the optic nerves in his eyes not being able to absorb that much Orange all at one time triggering a 'huskie~leptic' seizure..... Cure is to stuff a fist full of saw dust from a stihl in his mouth and wash it down with a redbull energy drink.......:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Did you check the CAD insane asylum?? Are they missing anyone.??

Or maybe he was used to the MS261,

Since the 346 is SOOOOO much better at handling.

It could've thrown his balance all off, causing him to do circles. :laugh::laugh:

I gotta tease you a little Niko.

Adam

Well, that could well be the case! :D

Is it a US saw transplanted to australia? I hear it's like the toilets, where everything rotates the opposite direction.

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time, tell that doofus to turn that 346 SIDEWAYS when he's carrying it, to counter the effect.:hmm3grin2orange:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

You are in big trouble. You have ruined that young man by previously forcing him to use a MS261. Hopefully he only has a few bent spokes on his internal gyro system. It is not safe for him to use a Husky saw at this time. He will likely continue to walk in circles, ever increasingly faster and smaller diameters until he actually catches up with himself and cuts his own butt with the saw, ten times worse than a cut leg or foot. Make him wear elbow pads also. One crack of the throttle will throw him to the ground and you will find him spinning on his elbow, sideways, running in circles, and singing the old song "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe. If you can get him home safely watch the late evening news for a report of someone driving a whole tank of gas out of their pick-up in Wal-Mart parking lot. He could only make left turns, no right turns. I hope you have good insurance. Get rid of those MS261's. I'll PM you the shipping address for the Hazardous Chainsaw Recycling Station.

You guys are making it more complicated than it has to be. If you do a quick search, there was a thread recently about getting the sights adjusted and dialed in, that should get him gunning straight again!:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back