soooo, after the "stripped" thread...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a tool freak too. It was the first thing I noticed in the 2nd pic. The 2nd thing was the makita banner. Where is your blue saw to go with it?

Not sold on 'em yet. Maybe sometime, but until they get serious enough about the U.S. market, I'm not treating them very seriously. They gotta commit to us before I'll commit to them. Look at the auto industry - how many brands dabbled in the U.S market before they got driven out by the heavy hitters and left the early adopters stranded? Not me, buddy. I got a freind who was shaggin' the daughter of a Makita distributor, I got a few banners for manly decoration.

Roller chain catchers are so much better than the aluminum ones...At least they can be used for more than one catch, if it ever happens.....
Chain catchers are like cops and lawyers - ya really pay them no attention until you need one then "THANK GOD"!

thanks for the pics. Where was the biggun at?
Far left, right in front of the tool box - under the Remington. The big 'un has the flawed bar finis - I paid full retail for a bar with the words upside-down. Still pizzed about that :) <----smilie for the noodleheads with now sense of humor.

Ya never know when ya need and empty KEG?

That's NOT an empty keg. If it were, I'd be honor-bound to return it to AnheuserBusch. It's really a preemie chili pot. I'm just not in a hurry to cut the thing off.

I got a freind who was shaggin' the daughter of a Makita distributor, I got a few banners for manly decoration.

Sounds like I need to find me a makita chick.... :laugh:

I almost missed the mini-simonizer the first time through the pics... :hmm3grin2orange:

Outer Spikes

P/N and description is here, post 4: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=30541&highlight=361+spikes

I seem to recall they were about 28 ~ 30 clams.

Here's a sneak peak:
attachment.php

and here it is amongst it's kinfolk:

attachment.php

Just looking at your MS 290 with the improved spikes. I'm looking to do the same with my MS 390. How has the plastic clutch cover held up, that seems like a weak link? Also, do either the inner or outer spike stick out farther than the other?

Thanks.

To tell the truth, the 290 doesn't get puled out that much. I'm not one to "hog" on it by levering the spikes, anyway, so I really can't be of much service regarding the durability of this set-up. I'm thinking that some stability to the outboard spike is affroded by the roller peg (which engages the inboard spike), so I would actually expect it to be serviceable for some time. If it breaks, I'll upgrade then - for now, it'll ride like it is.

Truth be told, i did this mod as a "ha-ha" much more so than a performance enhancement. Yeah, chicks dig it.

To tell the truth, the 290 doesn't get puled out that much. I'm not one to "hog" on it by levering the spikes, anyway, so I really can't be of much service regarding the durability of this set-up. I'm thinking that some stability to the outboard spike is affroded by the roller peg (which engages the inboard spike), so I would actually expect it to be serviceable for some time. If it breaks, I'll upgrade then - for now, it'll ride like it is.

Truth be told, i did this mod as a "ha-ha" much more so than a performance enhancement. Yeah, chicks dig it.

I ordered the 361 kit this afternoon. Looking forward to getting it and will just replace the clutch cover with a steel one if I break the plastic cover (but like you said, it should last for a while). Thanks for the information.

Latest posts

Back