Source for 1/2" pitch chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.404-8. Just waiting to broach the keyways...
47b6a13b-4488-741a.jpg

That right there looks a lot like old farm equipment stuff, idlers, etc. Perhaps a source like that, then just a little work to make it fit what you guys are looking for? Just a thought I had looking at the pic. Now I don't know enough about that to say like "oh ya, a 76 JD rootbagger side arm gear" whatever would fit, just sayin' is all. There very well could be some other industrial chunk out there still available in quantities that might be dang close enough to work.

As too this 1/2" chain..has anyone actually contacted oregon and stihl and just asked them how much for a new run?? I mean anything is possible, but they wouldn't do it unless they knew the money was there. The only way to PROVE there is a demand is for all the collectors who want this chain to pony up into an escrow account so the manufacturer can see the money is there.

World wide, being realistic now, how many guys would drop some coin in advance for antique 1/2" chain to it all these old saws they have? 50, 500, 5000? I don't know, does anyone have any sort of educated guess? Would they forgo their next 5 shelf queens or occassional big working saws for the collection in favor of spending that same money in advance on contracting for chain???

I have a bunch of 1/2" chipper chain & loops. 404 too! I put it in the classifieds along time ago and not much action. PM me if you're interested.

Back