southbound's 064 muffler gone crazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
southbound

this is what i have so far. because i dont have your saw here and the 066/064 mufflers are difrent, ive used my 066 to mock this up. i had to make the deflector clear the chainbrake because i dont know exackly what all is going on on the 064s. this is the first deflector that ive ported. i felt that the deflector was going to be the limiter. not the inner port in the muffler. as you can see the inner exhaust port is much bigger.

anyways heres a couple pics. ill gut the baffle out of the inside of the muffler and do the port on the other side today.

GEDC2025.jpg

GEDC2024.jpg

GEDC2026.jpg

southbound. Im almost scared to do the other side. this muffler is rusting and pitting. my welder wants to eat it alive

Last edited:
Sweet!!

I like what I see:blob2::biggrinbounce2:

I cant tell you what to do on the other side welding is not my thing..All I can do is tell you to use your best judgment....

I can't wait to get this thing back:blob2:

Great job!! Thanks.......

i better get off here and get it finished and back in the mail.

through some header paint on it and itl be in the mail after lunch

decided to just open the front of the baffle up.
GEDC2034.jpg

GEDC2035.jpg

GEDC2036.jpg

GEDC2037.jpg

i must have touched my camera lense pics started getn blurry

That looks real nice. Now we just need pics of it back on the saw.

Mr. HE:cool:

Again sweet I can't wait!!!!!!!!

I see you went ahead and opened up both sides:clap:

I can take some pic's on the saw but I'm still waiting on the cylinder..

Different for sure Sir :clap:. Have you tested it before and after on a saw? :cheers:

ive never done a deflector like that before. i figured southbound can be guinepig. due to clearance issues and not havn the saw on hand is the reason for the holes in the deflector. i straight drilled the holes and then got to thinkn i better angle them. i angled them with a carbide bur.

i didnt put holes on the left side deflector because that might put exhaust right on your hand. soutboudh might not have liked that.

i thought about doing just the factory port but didnt know that my deflector would flow enough even with the holes so i went ahead and did the dual port. itl sound better dual ported anyways.

if you thought it was loud before your gona be in for a suprise.:hmm3grin2orange:

looks pretty good to me with the cover on. 064 has kinda a sexy muffler if there ever was such a thing

GEDC2044.jpg

GEDC2046.jpg

GEDC2049.jpg

southbound
headn to post office now

:jawdrop:That looks awesome !!!!! Can't wait to bolt it up !!!!:yourock:

THANKS!!!

hopefully it bolts on. im kinda worried.

ounce you get it running, im curious how much exhaust comes out the holes in the deflector over the factory port. i think im going to do my 066 the same way. the defelctor would then clear the chain brake and the holes would make it flow like a bigger defelctor. maybe?

Last edited:
Well went down the hill this afternoon to check the mail and I found a box from Evan...:clap:I like it waay better then anything I could have done..Thanks again!!!!!!

So I go strait to the 064 and start putting it back together to see about fit...

What do you know it is perfect!!! O there is one thing tho I am still waiting for my dealer to deliver the hand guard I ordered...:dizzy:

I am told it should be there tomorrow so I will run by and hope they have it. Once I get that on I will take pic's and post them...

Now I do have a question the copy of the ipl I have is on my hard drive and bestbuy is still fixing my monitor so I have been stuck on the kids pc for a week and a half.. Sorry back to the ? The ipl shows a muffler gasket a shim and another gasket.The saw when I got it had none. I'm thinking the shim was a option and not all saw had it..So how to I know if mine needs it???Or do they all need it ???

Thanks!!!!

THANKS EVAN!!!!!

Back