southbound's 064 muffler gone crazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I do have a question the copy of the ipl I have is on my hard drive and bestbuy is still fixing my monitor so I have been stuck on the kids pc for a week and a half.. Sorry back to the ? The ipl shows a muffler gasket a shim and another gasket.The saw when I got it had none. I'm thinking the shim was a option and not all saw had it..So how to I know if mine needs it???Or do they all need it ???

That's the early style 064 muffler.....You shouldn't need the spacer and double gasket.

You'll know as soon as you try to bolt it on if the lower holes line up with the crankcase ok.

Thanks...

It is on now with no gasket and it all seems to fit fine...

you dont have chainbrake handle on it yet.
that may be the only place you have clearance issues.

my fingers are still crossed, glad you like it

you dont have chainbrake handle on it yet.
that may be the only place you have clearance issues.

my fingers are still crossed, glad you like it

I'm trying!!!!!

I have bought two from the dealer and they wont work with a full wrap...So I had them order one more....

Other then the P&C and the muffler gasket I have everything I need to run this thing...It's not like I need any major parts lol....

Ok so I got my chain brake handle today..You can tell it is for the 066 and not the 064.. I will have to come up with a spacer for the screw on the starter assembly side..

Anyway it seems to work just fine..The muffler fits with no rubbing... The hand guard is close to the muffler but that has nothing to do with the mods to the muffler....

Now for the bad BOTH cameras are not working so I am charging some batteries...Hopefully there will be pic's to follow......

O and I picked up a muffler gasket today. Yup they had one in stock..:jawdrop:

DSC00770.jpg

Chain brake engaged...

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

Not engaged...

DSC00774.jpg

Thinner starter...

DSC00779.jpg

Looks like it could cut some timber...

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

To bad I need a piston and cylinder :dizzy:

woooooow that main exhaust deflector is dang near kissing the serial number

thats a good lookn saw, im realy looking forward to you getn her fired up

woooooow that main exhaust deflector is dang near kissing the serial number

thats a good lookn saw, im realy looking forward to you getn her fired up

Just looked at it again the exhaust deflector is the thickness of a business card off the serial number...

Plenty of wiggle room...

I have made a trade with a forum member for a OEM cylinder...Then I need to make up my mind on a brand and get a piston..

I have had good luck with Golf and they are cheaper...

Meteor $48.68

Golf $33.94

I know it's only $15 but I am out of work so every little bit counts...

I do have experience with Golf and the saw is still running strong. With all the bad rep the aftermarket stuff is getting I like to stick with what I know. On the other hand folks like the Meteor pistons so I still haven't decided...

theres a 066 piston and cylinder on ebay its at 52 bucks right now and has a day left on it . might be worth biding on it tommorrow night.

Latest posts

Back