Southern Ohio GTG attendance list

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
Reaction score
Saturday April 28, 2007 at wheelersburg, Ohio, 45694
South central Ohio on Ky boarder.
2 hrs south of coloumbus, oh
2.25 hrs east of cincy
40 miles west of Huntington WV
75 miles north east of lexington Ky

to be held on 100 acre property in a 20 acre field. bring you and any guests and alcohol if desired. I will provide food and refreshments, and wood of course.

reply to this thread with name, number in your party and what you want to do and what size wood you are looking to cut. figure on softwood (pine) and some hardwood will be available as well.
Ralph

edit: in case anyone missed it on another thread, there is room for tents and campers if you so desire to stay the night and drive back sunday fresh. motels are close here as well

Last edited:
So far just 1 in my party. Will update if changes.
Wouldnt mind getting some hotstart over wood racing going for different saw classes.

If you can get 3 set ups of round in 7"-9" , 11"-14", 16"-20" pieces set up would be good for comparison cuts.
Let me know on the bigger wood 30" if i would need to bring the 32"s or not when it gets closer, Thanks.

Most GTG's seem to use the 2 cut hot start over wood for times.
But also have the options of hot start hands on wood with saws running on ground and start timing from the word go.
Then there is the cold start, which I would say for most of us should pass on.
Most saw classes are broke down at gtg's like this.
0-50cc
0-60cc
0-80cc
0-100cc
100cc over
I wouldn't mind seeing a 0-40cc for the little saws for fun.

If anyone wants to get this going let me know OK, its a good adrenaline rush.

Last edited:
Busy time of year for us but we ( me and 2 sons) will try to make it with a saw or two. Will bring our Stihl 210 so Ralph and I can demo how to lube your left leg and shoe with bar oil.

I will try to be there, if you all do not mind. I will just bring my truck,
a few cases of the Beast "Light", and as many lot lizards that I can cram in my camper top. Which should not be too many, as I only prefer the toothless
ones. So maybe a dozen.........................

I only prefer the toothless ones.

I too prefer the toothless ones cause the ones that aren't finished rotting their teeth out have really bad breath,and you sometimes tongue out a stray piece when you're kissin' them.

I think I'm gonna be sick...

Ian

BTW, I think my wife and I both are going to come down.

Last edited:
southern ohio gtg

going to try to make the gtg.Coming from western Pa. doesn't look to far, Just me and the better half.Never been to one,just want to take it in ,try to learn something.Be bringing a couple of saws including my new 7900 Dolmar.If you need help I can probably come in early.I am retired so time is no big deal.Looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks Wampum

Last edited:
Wood this be of value to the GTG. This how I do Firewood.
235530059.jpg

235530052.jpg

I have a sponsor loaning a bobcat to move wood with. Hate to see a man have to trailer his tractor down here! my wife is a huge JD fan, entire house is JD pics and logos, barstools, ect. she might not let you take it home!! ;)
-Ralph

Does the cat have a grapple on it. Since I've been using that Bodozer I've got a lot less back strain. I don't saw anything that isn't at the perfect height for me now and right next to the trailer. I was using forks but the logs just slide around and fall off. With that tool after its trimmed down to size I drop it and pick back up on the last few inches. Makes its real easy and safe.

BTW how does one get the address to the site and what time will it start, I assume early. I would like to attend.

Addy is 455 jones road

starts when folks show up until folks leave, but 7/8am is fine too

-Ralph

Man I seen that and thought NICE log stand.

There is a guy close by that has a similar set up for temporary uses as a log stand.

235530059.jpg

I wouldn't mind having a largish 30-35" log of Douglas Fir or something similar so I can get a feel for what the PNW guys cut. I'm only familiar with the eastern hardwoods and get the feeling I'm missing out on something... LOL

Ian

I wouldn't mind having a largish 30-35" log of Douglas Fir or something similar so I can get a feel for what the PNW guys cut. I'm only familiar with the eastern hardwoods and get the feeling I'm missing out on something... LOL

Ian

ok, you have a 361, thats good, now go throw a big ass set of felling dogs on it, a full wrap handle and a 28" bar running skip chain and you'll be all set for the fir! or you could just cut some yellow pine around here :D
oh wai, you have a DN 361, make that a 36" bar and skip chain
couldnt resist...
-Ralph

ok, you have a 361, thats good, now go throw a big ass set of felling dogs on it, a full wrap handle and a 28" bar running skip chain and you'll be all set for the fir! or you could just cut some yellow pine around here :D
oh wai, you have a DN 361, make that a 36" bar and skip chain
couldnt resist...
-Ralph

Thats just wrong!!! Wrong I tell ya!!!

HEY! My DN361 will hang with any 660 out there........

Provided, of course, that the peg that we're hanging them on is long enough to reach thru both handles.

Ian

attachment.php

Before I sent it off to Dave.

Im seriously considering coming to the GTG. Its a 6 hour drive from Lansing.

Ralph, is Tom Jones Rd off CR-6? My Magellan software doesnt show a Tom Jones RD, but does show a Jones RD off CR-6 in the zip code you gave.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back