Southern Ohio GTG attendance list

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After?

attachment.php

ANY? I will bring my old worn out red light 066 and just see about that.
Just Joking with you Ian.

I know, those red lights only cut well down there on the side of town where the brothels are. :jester:

You wouldn't happen to live by a brothel would you Ralph? C4F could bring his hobag special along and show us what it can do.

Everyone got their waders on? It's starting to get deep... :)

Ian

btw, I think you missed the fine print on that seemingly outrageous claim.

Ian

I seen it and thought it was hilarious in fine print, but removed it to :jester: around with you alittle.

If you read about the last ohio gtg I :jester: around about having to use a sun dial for my stock poulans being timed in the cut.
One thing i can say, i learned alot from the Big Dawgs that day and it has really helped.

I'm hoping to glean some knowledge myself, especially in the tuning-by-ear arena. I'm just now getting to the point of knowing enough to be dangerous and hope to be fully dangerous by the end of the GTG.

What are the sleeping arrangements btw, or is this a one afternoon event? I probably need to go read this whole thread again in case I missed something.

Ian

Ralph I made this Axe target up the other day in about a hour for practicing, If any one wants to throw axes let me know ahead of time.

Do you think you could slap one together if the need arises Ralph out of decent pine piece?
chainsaw.jpg

dont see why not Kevin.

Ian, sleeping arrangements are posted in Post#1 here and on the ohio GTG thread in chainsaws

-Ralph

CF, I lived in that area growing up and got lost leaving his house. Its back in the sticks on a back road here and a back road there, just like we like it in southern Ohio. better get some good directions from the BP at Slocum station.
If you are starting down on Friday, i can wait on you at my place here 1 hour or so north of Columbus and you can follow me down on Friday. I live 3 to 3.5 hours north from his place now.

Yahoo Maps has Jones road, and gave me specific directions... I'll probably never get there and end up in WV before it's all over.

Ian

Sorry guys, wifes working late so I had a hungry guy and 2 kids to feed. back now.

yup, road name is jones road, but used to be Tom Jones road. there is a sam jones road a few miles from here.

so If you are getting directions to Tom Jones road, you're on the right track too.
blame me for not calling it tom jones road, whats new puzzycat?

I'll have signs out, trust me, its not hard to find. only 2 turns out of wheelersburg over 5 miles
-Ralph

I'll have signs out, trust me, its not hard to find. only 2 turns out of wheelersburg over 5 miles
-Ralph

Make sure to have some signs or something for guys coming from the north taken the back way in from rt 23, to Lucasville-Minford rd to rt 335 to Solcum. I would start at Solcum BP and go from there with signs for turns off too. or have a cell number on hand to get the lost calls for the gtg showing for help.

If 23 is a good route down that is how I'll go as 23 is just 10mi from me. I live between Circleville and Lancaster.

oh yeah, you'll be here in no time.
run 23 down, turn at lucasville-minford road (under the tracks)
4 way in minford, turn right, straight thru the next 4 way (rt 335)
turn left onto dixon mill, turn left onto SR 140.
turn right onto dogwood ridge, turn left onto bussey, turn right onto germany hollow, turn left onto jones road.

comming from the north has a few extra turns, but I'll sign it for you guys. it sounds worse than it is, nearly all those roads dead end at the turns
-Ralph

Last edited:
If 23 is a good route down that is how I'll go as 23 is just 10mi from me. I live between Circleville and Lancaster.

Rt 23 to Lucasville red light turn left like you going to SOCF and follow that road till you get to flashing 4 way light in Muletown, turn right on rt 335 and follow it till it Y's (Ralph what is the name of the road that Y's off to the left of rt 335 to take you to Solcum station)? Let Ralph help you from here. I will get a map and post it later date for us.

Never mind you posted it while i was typing. LOL

OK, looks like you are right near the intersection of Jones and Township HWY 410?

Cut, Im still not sure, but if I do end up heading down, I may take you up on that.

maps from north

attachment.php

attachment.php

from east on US 52

attachment.php

from south in KY or West Virginia

attachment.php

I assume everyone will have their own directions printed out, so just mark your maps accordingly
-Ralph

Latest posts

Back