Southern Ohio GTG attendance list

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What time will dinner be? That way I can plan on how long to stay. I was thinkin I could drive down in the morn and be back in the night.

dunno, figured not too late and not too early. figured folks would eat on the way, so maybe a late lunch type thing, then folks could eat afterwards, maybe we could go out to eat with those who can stay later?
you-all tell me, I'm not new to organizing things, but am new to the GTGs, meaning a lot looser structure, ya know?
-Ralph

I would like to come as a spectator. I have never been to one. Am sure I could learn a lot.
Denny

Spectator? Bring a saw... They'll need someone else to laugh at when they're done with me...:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Just kidding of course, they'll not tire of laughing at me. You'll be safe, sorta.

Ian

ok, its getting closer and the sponsors are wanting to know what they need to do/a ballpark number of folks for dinners, wood, ect.

I ran thru this thread and here's the list so far. feel free to add in, and I'll edit this post.

member name..............comming from...........still unsure
cut4fun..........................oh
dusty tools.....................ky
andyshine77...................oh
butch(oh)......................oh...........................X
fish................................ky..........................X
haywire haywood +1.........ky
wampum.........................pa..........................X
wkpoor...........................oh
Mr firewood +1.................oh
blsnelling +2.....................oh
ky-homelite +1..................ky.........................X
denny M..........................oh

Still a definate maybe here Ralph. That time of year is just plain busy round here.

Ian,
I have a MS200T, MS260, 036 and a MS660. Which should I bring? Which will get the most laughs? I was thinking the 26 and 36.
Denny

Dustytools, I just noticed you had a Stihl 08S in arsenal of saws and I have been wanting to run since I seen one in the movie four brothers.
If it is up and running I hope you bring it along for the ride. http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...1b34cb7aefe58c2f88256ba200160833?OpenDocument

Hi Cut, The 08S has major carb issues or some sort of air leak and I havent had time to fool with it. I may run it by the dealer next week to have it looked at. If he can get to it pretty quickly and get it going Ill bring it along.

Unless anyone else wants to try it out or see it, Im gonna leave the milling rig at home so that I can spend more trying out different brands and sizes of saws and take in some of the other events.

That's cool with me, I'd like to buy a small milling rig just to play around with tho, I'm advertising for a used 20" Alaskan in the trading post. $130 for a new one is more than I'm wanting to pay just to play around. The ol 361 isn't going to be up to doing much milling anyway. I'm building a retaining wall from telephone poles and I thought it would be nice to have a 4" flat on opposite sides to help them stack better. I figure a few 4" cuts would be well within the 361's abilities.

Ian

That's cool with me, I'd like to buy a small milling rig just to play around with tho, I'm advertising for a used 20" Alaskan in the trading post. $130 for a new one is more than I'm wanting to pay just to play around. The ol 361 isn't going to be up to doing much milling anyway. I'm building a retaining wall from telephone poles and I thought it would be nice to have a 4" flat on opposite sides to help them stack better. I figure a few 4" cuts would be well within the 361's abilities.

Ian

Ive got a small log mill that I can throw in the truck If you want me too. Itll only take a couple minutes to bolt it up the the 361.

Saws that I'd like to run are a 5100S, a 7900, and a 441. I'm bringing both the saws in my sig.

Dusty... thanks, bring it along. I don't have any ripping chain (and I'm not packing telephone poles up there), but I'd like to see how it works. I've never laid hands on one. If you have a 66 link loop of .050ga 375 ripping chain I can put on, drop that in the box too if you wouldn't mind too much. On second thought, will an 18" bar work with it or do I need to bring my 24" bar along? If so, then an 84 link loop would be the ticket.

thanks,
Ian

Last edited:
Saws that I'd like to run are a 5100S, a 7900, and a 441. Ian

From the people on the list that said they were showing, there should be a stock 7900 and 2-modded 7900's, Modded by different people. Then Ralph has a stock 5100S.

Saws that I'd like to run are a 5100S, a 7900, and a 441. I'm bringing both the saws in my sig.

Dusty... thanks, bring it along. I don't have any ripping chain (and I'm not packing telephone poles up there), but I'd like to see how it works. I've never laid hands on one. If you have a 66 link loop of .050ga 375 ripping chain I can put on, drop that in the box too if you wouldn't mind too much. On second thought, will an 18" bar work with it or do I need to bring my 24" bar along? If so, then an 84 link loop would be the ticket.

thanks,
Ian

Bring either or both. I wouldnt worry about using ripping chain. Your standard chain will work alright, it just may not have as smooth of cut as the ripping chain.

thanks,
Ian

How many drive links for the 18 inch bar? 375 x .050 right?

Yep, 66 for the 18" and 84 for the 24".

Ian

Got a brand new 66DL .050 x .375 along with two new 136DL .063 X .375 ripping chains coming from Baileys. This will be the first time that I have milled with 3/8. Looking forward to it as everyone sais that its sooooo much better than .404.

Got a brand new 66DL .050 x .375 along with two new 136DL .063 X .375 ripping chains coming from Baileys. This will be the first time that I have milled with 3/8. Looking forward to it as everyone sais that its sooooo much better than .404.

Im actually in the process of switching my milling chains over to .325!! Well have to see how it does.

Latest posts

Back