Southern Ohio GTG attendance list

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just quickly looked back through this thread and don't see where we've set a starting time. I'm trying to decide if I want to drive down and get a motel Friday night or just get up early Sat morning. I guess that'll kind of depend on when we want to start.

Also, lets get our head count up to date so that we know how many to cater in lunch for. I'm still looking at 3 including myself.

Weather is supposed to be cloudy and 70. Works for me.

I just quickly looked back through this thread and don't see where we've set a starting time. I'm trying to decide if I want to drive down and get a motel Friday night or just get up early Sat morning. I guess that'll kind of depend on when we want to start.

Also, lets get our head count up to date so that we know how many to cater in lunch for. I'm still looking at 3 including myself.

Weather is supposed to be cloudy and 70. Works for me.

Im the only one in my party.

I did a google map and they have me getting off 23s at Waverly and coming down Germany Rd which sends me off to the east and directly dicending on you. However not knowing the rd at all, am I better to just stay on 23 all the way to Portsmouth since I know that will be smooth sailing most of the way or will Germany be ok?

Oh BTW, I've one other coming with me and he will be hungry too!:cheers: ;)

We will both be packing the Homy SuperXL's tuned and ready to Rumble!

Last edited:
The maps Ralph posted are on page 3. Compare them with yours or do what I did and just print his out. ;)

Ian

I did a google map and they have me getting off 23s at Waverly and coming down Germany Rd which sends me off to the east and directly dicending on you. However not knowing the rd at all, am I better to just stay on 23 all the way to Portsmouth since I know that will be smooth sailing most of the way or will Germany be ok?

the germany road in waverly is a totaly diff road in a diff county, doesn't even come close to here
stay on 23 until lucasville
-Ralph

I dont know if TTR can post yet here do to the malfunction with is puter and the site, but I talked with him Sat at the lumberjack show and he was 100% go for gtg Sat 28th.
I am also a go.
We have a 4-4.5 hour trip between us to Ralph's, so if we dont make it down Friday, we want get there till later AM's Sat morning.

Oh, if anyone has a compression tester, please bring it along. I'd like to compare my cheepie's readings to a better brand.

thanks,
Ian

I made reservations at the Days Inn for tomorrow night. We'll shoot for 9-10 as well, I guess. Got the saws ready and loaded in the truck. Leaving after I get home from work tomorrow.

Anyone looking for a good/clean MS460, bring your cash. It was bought new in '05. Brand new OEM cyclinder and piston, leak tested, etc. Excellent compression and runs great. Only may 2-3 tanks of fuel through it. 24" bar included. I'd love to keep it but don't really need it.

Last edited:
Just to ley yall know...........

i will not be attending.........(not my choice kinda a logistics thing)

But yall be sure to not forget the pics and the vids so we can really see what there is to do in OhiO(other then get wupped by a gator)

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'm staying at Carter Caves State Resort Park over the Kentucky border about an hour from Ralph's. I have my Passport packed and ready just in case they want to see it when I go through the KY/OH checkpoints. :jester: Oh yea, all the saw stuff is packed too.

Ian

unfortunantly I have to bail aswell, $3.19 a gallon gas plus I have to clean out a flooded basement :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Yup gas prices suck.:cry: I was going to drive my truck but I think my friends Honda will do better on gas.

Ralph it looks like I'm going to have a bud come with, is that OK? My gf was not interested going, she thinks I'm such a:looser:

I'll be staying at the Wheelesburg Days Inn or the Portsmouth Holiday Inn.

We were going to drive my wife's VW, but it's developed an intermittent check engine light in the last week. Code said something about a cam sensor. I'll be driving the F150 instead :angry: Gas prices are running about $2.89 here. I did see one place that had $2.99, but Shell is always high. Of course today is a different day, and $2.89 might turn into $3.50. Bah.

Ian

Got to have the truck for this trip, even at the 9-10 mpg.:cry:

Just dont think I could stand the fumes inside the jimmy, even though i have trimmed the heard down in size to bring with me.

Hope to be down south by 8 pm Fri tonight and be at Ralph's by 10am Sat.

As far as I know TTR is still a go too. But I think he might be leaving early sat morning.

Ill be leaving early Saturday, very early LOL I have a bunch of fun stuff loaded up and ready to go, gonna make some test runs this afternoon. Should be set, as long as I dont get lost
Derek

Back