Southern Ohio GTG attendance list

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gtg

Ralph,
If everything goes as planned, I will be there, sounds like a good time. Just gotta get my stuff runnin good and get the dremel out and sharpen up my chains LOL!!! :D

Ralph, If its ok I would like for you to give me a little lesson on chain grinders at the GTG. Probably be a while before I can afford one but I dont know when Ill be around anyone who has one. Thanks.

Ralph,
gotta get my stuff runnin good and get the dremel out and sharpen up my chains LOL!!! :D

:hmm3grin2orange:

I am going to leave friday evening and tune the saws down there ( i hope) and then maybe
Drop some poplars too to bring back if i had room.

Last edited:
Add another to the list as I'll be bringing a friend too.
I was wondering if there will be anyone there making and selling performance chains? I just use whatever my local shop sells ( usually Windsor) and don't know if there is something that would work better out there. I would be up for a purchase of different type chains to try on my saw.

Is there more to a square grinder than just a different type of wheel? It would be nice if you could just change wheels and use a normal grinder.

Ian

timed cut comparisons between the RS and SQ? How big of round was it and one cut times?
I got so many chains I am forgetting whats what now. I cant figure out my RS from my RSK, then theres RSC, RSLK etc etc.

Is there more to a square grinder than just a different type of wheel? It would be nice if you could just change wheels and use a normal grinder.

Ian

I have watched 2 square grinders in action and your above want be happening anytime soon.

Here is one type Ka-ching $$$$. http://web.archive.org/web/20051218065918/www.madsens1.com/silprosp.htm

and then the cheaper one $. http://web.archive.org/web/20060112032827/http://www.madsens1.com/silswar.html

And this manual saw is faster then most of our stock saws http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RkPfYKgS2k

Last edited:
Hello, I was wondering what there is going to be for sawing blocks? The bottom of the sawing block should be around 18in. I have been talking to E.J. and we are thinking about coming down. If you don't have a sawing block we might be able to bring one with us. I will let you know Thanks

Rick

Rick, I think Ralph was going to build some Temp stands similar to the one I made for myself.
WJ offered us his also, but I think I have ran out of room to take it now, even if Ralph did want me to bring it.
The temp ones need to be staked or weighted for the up cuts, at least mine did.

Just wondering Ralph, without knowing anything about the distances involved with the different activities planned would it be ok (or not really necessary) to bring my golf cart that has a truck bed on it to haul my saws and related stuff around on the propery. I take this cart to tractor shows when I go. Its real handy and not only the saws and stuff but snacky food and cooler;) to. Also I can shuttle firewood back to trailer unless there will be a tractor to pull the trailer closer to the cuttin action.

Rick, I will have stands, but more will be a blessing. this is starting to really grow...!

wkpoor, bring it on! there will be a 4wheeler, bobcat and tractor, but ferrying around will be handy. plus, lots of trails and area to ride if you so desire.

and just for Kevin .... :D
attachment.php

-Ralph

begleytree;647261 and just for Kevin .... :D -Ralph[/QUOTE said:
Ok I will guess, looks like a 026 pro with the bar cover missing. :D

with a 375 8T or 325 9T

Last edited:
Ralph started it

;) I was walking by my chainsaws today and I could hear a a muffled chant coming from a box that contained one of my project partner chainsaws, as I was pulling it from the box I could understand clearly what it was saying, I want Ralph, I want Ralph,I want Ralph, over and over. Upon closer inspection it had Ralph written all over it, guess I better get this project saw done in time for the gtg. :D Its got Ralph's 026 in its crosshairs.
partners006.jpg

Watched 5 hours of lumberjack events and racing today.

Took close to 40 vids and just a pic of this only bike saw.

Copyofbikesaw001.jpg

Copyofbikesaw002.jpg

If anyone needs any uni-strut for making milling rails try to let me know by Friday so that I can load some on the truck.

Latest posts

Back