Southern Ohio GTG attendance list

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actual property (in red) and exact GTG location on backside of our property off haney, but you have to go past the house to get there, so don't worry about it.

attachment.php

Been a while since I posted. I'll be there with my Dad and bro-in-law for a total of three. Lookin' forward to meeting you guys. Just a word of warning. Big Dave's working my 361 over real good for ya. Gotta few more tricks up his sleeve for me. Better get the big guns out:ices_rofl: I told him to take his time as long as I had it back before the GTG.

I'm going to try and make it myself. I'm coming from Ashland, so hopefully I can find my way to your place across the river. Might bring my GF if she's so inclined that day. Hey Begley, I didn't realize we were this close!! Wheelersburg is just down the road!

Ralph, is there going to be a 28"-30" or so log to make one cut times on like some are asking about?
If so what type of wood would the big one cut log be?
Just trying to keep up to date, because i got rocked out 32" chains hanging for my 7900 and 066 and need to get the 084 a longer bar and chain for that event to see how the 3 compare in a one cut runs. :blob2: :blob4: :blob6: . getting that little kid in the candy store feeling.:p :rolleyes:

Brought some sycamore up here last year to cut on for fun, before i started dropping fresh poplars. Thanks.

wood density

Afromosia .70
Apple .66 - .83
Ash, black .54
Ash, white .67
Aspen .42
Balsa .17
Bamboo .30 - .40
Birch (British) .67
Cedar, red .38
Cottonwood .31 -.34
Cypress .51
Douglas Fir .53
Ebony .96 - 1.12
Elm ( English ) .60
Elm ( Wych ) .69
Elm ( Rock ) .81
Eucalyptus citriodora .85
Eucalyptus globulus .80 -.85
Eucalyptus quadrangulata 1.01
Hickory (Shagbark) .85-.95
Iroko .65
Larch .59
Liquidambar (sweet gum) .46 - .53
Lignum Vitae 1.28 - 1.37
Mahogany ( Honduras ) .54
Mahogany ( African ) .49 - .85
Maple .75
Oak 59 - .93
Osage orange .76-85
Pine ( Oregon ) .53
Pine ( White ) .42
Pine ( Canadian ) .35 - .56
*Pine ( Red ) .37 - .66
Redwood ( American ) .45
Redwood ( European ) .51
Spruce ( Canadian ) .45
Spruce ( Sitka ) .45
Sycamore .59
Teak .63 - .72
Willow .42

For testing purpose's on the big log one cut. I am going to bring a 32" 105DL 050 3/8 Full comp Chisel, a Skip Chisel and a Full Comp Semi-Chisel to test and see how close the times are with a 7900 and 066 using all 3 chains each.
I also got 3 cubes set up with 3/8 square chisel, round chisel, 325 RS round chisel 3/16 cutter, and Carlton round chisel 5/32 cutter, for comparisons , if anyone is interested in those too.

I think I got the 3 cube class covered with a few of these.
Copyofpartners005.jpg

Copyofpartners004.jpg

Well, looks like my schedule is free on the 28th.

If you all will have me, Ill bring my DN361 and DN441.

Still need to pass it by my better half, but I dont forsee any problem.

I am :cry: , I was hoping to meet a few more new folks and get to run some different saws. it looks like 2 DN361's will be there (not counting yours) but no modded 441's that i know of, i just know of yours and one other.

Maybe see you at Big daves.

I'm making my reservations at Carter Caves just over into Kentucky, they have a 2 nights for one deal going on if you have the correct coupon and don't try it on those pesky blackout days. Hopefully the 27th and 28th won't be.

Ian

Yep, but they have more to offer than just a room to sleep in, a one hour drive Saturday morning is better than 4 and we're staying Saturday night/Sunday morning too to round out the weekend. Gotta have one day for the wifey ya know... Chainsaws aren't exactly her thing.

Ian

Something that I believe wasn't mentioned on this thread is wether or not any of the mutitude of firewood to be cut could be hauled home or does it all need to stay on the property for use by the gracious host. I'm not coming because I need wood, but would hate to see any go to waste. My main reason for attending is to learn and meet new and interesting people with some of the same interests as mine.

I never thought about it myself. I figured everyone would be cutting cookies.
I told anyone who milled to take what they cut, and the same goes for the wood/cookies or whatever else we cut. If a guy wanted to stick around and cut some to take home, there is more stuff here to cut that is going to waste than you would believe, so of course its yours free for the taking.
Sometimes I forget that not everyone is sitting on 100 acres of forest and owns a tree company. wood is something I don't think about, more a waste product to me than anything.
-Ralph

I only have about 5acres of woods but usually don't have any trouble locating places to cut close to me so as to extend what fuel I do have. I will then plan on bringing a small tandem to bring home some souvenirs. Thanks

ok, its getting closer and the sponsors are wanting to know what they need to do/a ballpark number of folks for dinners, wood, ect.

I ran thru this thread and here's the list so far. feel free to add in, and I'll edit this post.

member name..............comming from...........still unsure
cut4fun..........................oh
dusty tools.....................ky
andyshine77...................oh
butch(oh)......................oh...........................X
fish................................ky..........................X
haywire haywood +1.........ky
wampum.........................pa..........................X
wkpoor...........................oh
Mr firewood +1.................oh
blsnelling +2.....................oh
ky-homelite +1..................ky.........................X
denny M..........................oh

Last edited:
What time will dinner be? That way I can plan on how long to stay. I was thinkin I could drive down in the morn and be back in the night.

S. Ohio GTG

I would like to come as a spectator. I have never been to one. Am sure I could learn a lot.
Denny

gotcha on the list-Ralph

Latest posts

Back