Spark Plug 101

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate motul 800 has always been designed for 2 stroke motorcross bikes which are water cooled not that it makes any difference. But your just wasting your money running it in a saw, I run the stihl 2 stroke oil in all my saws it's costs me like $25 aus for 4 litres, the way I look at it if stihl makes the engines don't you think they would know what oil to run in them? Off topic but I know about oil due to working in a Honda motorcycle store and Honda did a study on oils and they found they had more engine failures In there cbr1000 with people running motul oil as opposed to people running the geniune oil Honda hp4.

Motul 800 is approved for both Water and Air cooled. I am certainly not wasting my money for the simple reason that 1 liter (34oz) of Motul 800 costs me $14.00 USD retail. 16 oz of echo Powerblend 2 cycle from Home Depot costs $9.00 each thats $18.00 USD for 32oz. I am sure that if i bought in bulk these prices would change but for the volume i use in a season (2-3 liters) I don't bother. For the higher revving saws (above 13000) and for Stihls 4mix I would only use a high quality synthetic. I think Stihl requires their "Ultra" synthetic for use in their 4-mix engines.

Latest posts

Back