spark plug cleaner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, Use a br8es and your plug fouling will be brought in check. Remember plug fouling is a symptom of overly rich jetting. On a bike its mostly the pilot and needle clip position that are the culprits.
I cant remember the last time I have had a plug foul.

FWIW My fathers business made spark plug cleaners for AC and others from the 50-70's. The market for them crashed after carbs got more advanced and fuel injection took hold. I wouldnt use one becuase of the possibility of introducing abrasives into your engine.

bwalker said:
Dan, Use a br8es and your plug fouling will be brought in check. Remember plug fouling is a symptom of overly rich jetting. On a bike its mostly the pilot and needle clip position that are the culprits.
I cant remember the last time I have had a plug foul.

I use the same plug in my big bore ATK 406MX 2-stroke. If I remember right I also used to use that plug in my 1997 KX250. I only used to foul a plug when I would lug the KX's engine on a days worth of tight trails. Never fouled a plug in the 406.

Gary

It doesn't foul plugs that much I just hate it when I flood out the carb on the bike. Then I have to put in a new plug.

Latest posts

Back