Spark Plug Pics...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ciscoguy01 said:
Should those plugs be running that white really? OMG, I always thought they were supposed to be much darker than that. I thought a brownish to black color was how they were supposed to look with very little buildup. Do all the newer higher revving saws run light like this? Just interested...

I got caught by that when I worked on my first 361's.. Then I noticed they are all like that, including mine at home. It's not quite as "white" as it looks in the picture, but it's lighter than you'd see in most other saws.

Trigger-Time said:
My 361 is the only saw I have that I can't set the H side by
ear and get close on the rpm's. When I set by my ear it's only turning about 11,500. When I set by ear to here it 4-stroke, it's way to rich.

Yep... me too.... These I definitely set by tach... All you hear by ear above13k is a continous change of muffler tone, but which is correct? The 361 is a very lean running machine.

bwalker said:
FWIW I have found setting a saw by ear to be nearly impossible with certain models and totaly impossible with the mod saws I have owned.

Yes... I totaly agree.

I wish Madsens would add a footnote or the .wav files of several saws to their tuning section... Way too many prople think "4-stroking" is the entire story, just because Madsens neglects to say it isn't....

They do

Lakeside53 said:
Yes... I totaly agree.

I wish Madsens would add a footnote or the .wav files of several saws to their tuning section... Way too many prople think "4-stroking" is the entire story, just because Madsens neglects to say it isn't....

If you look at the bottom of the page they have sounds dude. HI and Low sounds, each like a minute I'd say. Look towards the bottom of the page guys...

http://www.madsens1.com/sawtune.htm

Saw Idle and saw full rev... :givebeer:

Back