spark plugs for racing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big1079

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recently finished my homelite 750.it is lightly ported has an expansion chamber and a 3" velodity stack.i am running a 20" wheel nose with 3/8 and a 10 pin.i am currently burning 112 oct at a 32:1 mix with stihl hipo oil.factory recomends a cj4 and i am currently using the ngk equivelent.can any of you pros suggest plug changes or would you say i should leav e it alone?thanks for any help.marty

why do you want to change the plug?

you will need to do a plug check and and be able to read the plug to determine if it is operating in the proper heat range.

this should be done anytime you are changing fuel ratio, changing exhaust or carb function, or setting up a new motor.

look in the back of any plug book and it will have pictures of plugs in various states for comparison.

I my opinion a hot saw does not run at full throttle for prolong period and cylinder/exhaust gas temp should be able to be controlled with fuel mixture versus going to a cooler plug than stock.

Latest posts

Back