Speaking of Dealers - Read this strategic vision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spacemule said:
Would love to Thal, but I'm going to hit the sack. Spring break is over, and I've got a long day tomorrow. Night.

ok Space, thats cool. Take er easy my friend.

spacemule said:
As usual Arnie, you would manage to miss the point if I used a nail and hammer. But that's ok--I realize Canadians can't help it. ;)

I got the point but don't want to touch the one on the top of your head. I think you are avoiding the point as usual.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

stihlatit said:
Space does not make enough money to be a customer LOL.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww now that wasn't nice you oreny ole cuss you,haha. I don't know if I'm missing something Space was trying to say but I sure would love to get him at my display of saws. I'd treat him to exactly what he seems to want, customer service 100%.

THALL10326 said:
Awwwwwwwwwwwww now that wasn't nice you oreny ole cuss you,haha. I don't know if I'm missing something Space was trying to say but I sure would love to get him at my display of saws. I'd treat him to exactly what he seems to want, customer service 100%.

Goodluck on that request Thall. He would still say black is white because that is all he ever does and calls that free independant thinking. I call it useless dribble philosophy. A lame brain in his own mind or was that a legend.

stihlatit said:
Goodluck on that request Thall. He would still say black is white because that is all he ever does and calls that free independant thinking. I call it useless dribble philosophy. A lame brain in his own mind or was that a legend.

Awwwwwww at my rack he'd have to tell me what his intentions are with the product because I'm not gonna let him not tell me. Spares everyone alot of trouble down the road. I've lost sales many times because customers want to buy half of what they need and I flat tell them a 199. saw is not going to do the job of a 600.00 saw and thats what ya really need. Most time they appreciate my honesty. I've flat told customers you do not want to buy that for what your doing. Some can't afford what they need and its best they don't buy what won't do the job. Should not expect a 1/2 ton pick up to hauled 3 tons of wieght but some do. They wind up at the garage complaining and raising hell only to be told what did you expect. At the rack I do all that before they buy and to be honest to date I have never had to take back anything due to my honesty and willingness to be completely upfront from the start. I could sell a ton more saws by saying oh yeahhhhhhhh it will serve your needs knowing dayumm well it won't. I could do that but thats not customer service, thats underhanded selling and I won't do that, sale or no sale. Space and me at the rack would be fun and he'd have a blast with me for I would pester him silly in a good way to find out what all he has in mind for the product. No way would he get out the door not knowing I was completely striaght and honest with him. He would get exactly what he says he wants, customer service.

THALL10326 said:
Awwwwwww at my rack he'd have to tell me what his intentions are with the product because I'm not gonna let him not tell me. Spares everyone alot of trouble down the road. I've lost sales many times because customers want to buy half of what they need and I flat tell them a 199. saw is not going to do the job of a 600.00 saw and thats what ya really need. Most time they appreciate my honesty. I've flat told customers you do not want to buy that for what your doing. Some can't afford what they need and its best they don't buy what won't do the job. Should not expect a 1/2 ton pick up to hauled 3 tons of wieght but some do. They wind up at the garage complaining and raising hell only to be told what did you expect. At the rack I do all that before they buy and to be honest to date I have never had to take back anything due to my honesty and willingness to be completely upfront from the start. I could sell a ton more saws by saying oh yeahhhhhhhh it will serve your needs knowing dayumm well it won't. I could do that but thats not customer service, thats underhanded selling and I won't do that, sale or no sale. Space and me at the rack would be fun and he'd have a blast with me for I would pester him silly in a good way to find out what all he has in mind for the product. No way would he get out the door not knowing I was completely striaght and honest with him. He would get exactly what he says he wants, customer service.

Oh I understand exactly what you are going through and then, mister independant free stinker was pooping on you. I think the only customer service you can provide to that negative whiner is a boot in the butt. But hey your welcome to try.

BTW I'm on your side. I think you are being more then fair.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

stihlatit said:
Oh I understand exactly what you are going through and then, mister independant free stinker was pooping on you. I think the only customer service you can provide to that negative whiner is a boot in the butt. But hey your welcome to try.

BTW I'm on your side. I think you are being more then fair.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh I'm not questioning you at all, I know you see where I'm coming from. I for whatever reason must have missed whatever he was trying to say. He'll be back I'm sure and he and me will continue this lite hearted converstation,haha

THALL10326 said:
Oh I'm not questioning you at all, I know you see where I'm coming from. I for whatever reason must have missed whatever he was trying to say. He'll be back I'm sure and he and me will continue this lite hearted converstation,haha

Well he thinks we missed his point but I don't even care to entertain his stupid point. This is about your point and he missed that completely and wants to talk about a friggin glass of water. LOL.

:monkey:

Durn Sap are ya saying Ryobi will hold up as good as a Milwaukee????

If you know anything at all about Milwaukee, then you know that Milwaukee is now just a shadow of its former self. i.e. In the past 20 years Milwaukee tools have turned to crap, and they're now living off their past reputation. Hmmmm, sound familiar?

Frist thing he ask me was can I bring it back if I don't like it. First thing I said was nope. You use it its yours buddy. Even sweet little ole me doesn't fall for that bull. I told him if it fails in any such way I'll be glad to handle it under warrenty but other than that she's yours once you start using it. As for the return in 7 day policy Stihl has one thing must remembered on that, the dealer must agree to it and I for one don't.

First thing I would have replied was "fine, you keep it then". And I would advise any customer who encounters this attitude from any merchant to run, not walk, for the door. ...For obvious reasons to numerous to list here. And the sooner that dealers like this go out of business the better for everyone.

Last Monday I had a guy come back with a trashed chain on his 290 bought the prior week. Seems like his trees doubled in size since he bought the saw . He explained his problems, didn't outright ask, but wanted too... so I offered to let him trade up. He bought a 361, paid the difference is is really happy. The MS290 sold within an hour at 10% off (with a new chain). Made two guys very happy, just for a little of paper work with Stihl.

I would have loved for my dealer to have offered that....and I very well might have gone for it too.

coveredinsap said:
If you know anything at all about Milwaukee, then you know that Milwaukee is now just a shadow of its former self. i.e. In the past 20 years Milwaukee tools have turned to crap, and they're now living off their past reputation. Hmmmm, sound familiar?

First thing I would have replied was "fine, you keep it then". And I would advise any customer who encounters this attitude from any merchant to run, not walk, for the door. ...For obvious reasons to numerous to list here. And the sooner that dealers like this go out of business the better for everyone.

I would have loved for my dealer to have offered that....and I very well might have gone for it too.

hahaha, I would have told you the exact samething, nope. Why would you ask that question in the first place, got some unknown intentions maybe. If your main concern is can I use it and then bring it back tends to make me think thats exactly what you intend on doing in the first place so the answer is NOPE. If ya can't handle it don't buy it, door is right behind ya. See Sap you gotta problem you can't seem to get a grip with. First off if you was to tell someone in my place to run to the door you would be going out right behind them ASAP, most likely with my foot up ya a--.,hahaha People like you think you can cripple a business when in fact people like you we don't want ya coming in, stay away if ya want ya a-- kissed, go somewhere else, just go. Way too many good customers to deal with to be putting up with a pita customer like you. Go play in the road or something , just get gone. After your out the door guess what we won't miss you and it will be as though you never walked in. See we did fine without ya and will continue to do fine without ya. I never lost a sale I never had to begin with, catching my drift? Thats the kind of treatment you deserve when you stick ya nose where it doesn't belong. You would tell them to run to the door, hahahaha. Be the last time you said anything in my place.
As for Ryobi verses Milwaukee you gotta be out of your mind or ya wallet is so tight in ya pocket its affecting ya judgement. We sell power tools, all name brands but no Ryobi. Know why, we couldn't give it away. We tried it for awhile and the "real" contractors laffed at us, why yaw selling that junk. I guess if ya real tight with ya funds and wanna pinch pennies and work with Ryobi thats your choice. The pro contractors around here refuse to buy it but they sure buy a awfull lot of Milwaukee and Dewalt. Whatcha think the reason is for that, any clues????

coveredinsap said:
Because like you, they don't know any better....would be my answer. And that also applies to the rest of your little diatribe, bub.

Maybe its because they do know and you don't, hmmmmmmmmm. Course some like to spend that rusty ole money and some like to squeeze it. Even though Sap its good to see ya still kicking. Mighty short reply there for a man that seems to know it all. You can do better I'm sure but if ya wanna pass and be a sport thats cool, deal BUB?

Maybe its because they do know and you don't, hmmmmmmmmm.
So ...what you're saying is that they already 'know' that Milwaukee tools are now made in Mexico, and that Dewalt is actually rebadged upscale Black and Decker also made in Mexico and/or China?

Tell them to read the itty-bitty fine print ...you know....the really small stuff, on the label of the tools. Check it out, then tell me how they now differ from Ryobi, exactly?

coveredinsap said:
So ...what you're saying is that they already 'know' that Milwaukee tools are now made in Mexico, and that Dewalt is actually rebadged upscale Black and Decker also made in Mexico and/or China?

Tell them to read the itty-bitty fine print ...you know....the really small stuff, on the label of the tools. Check it out, then tell me how they now differ from Ryobi, exactly?

Boy you are one orenry sucker but thats ok, I still like ya. I never said a word about where anything was made. What I said was we couldn't give Ryobi away. Milwaukee and Dewalt fly out the door so apparently most contractors think they are worth the extra cost and must think as well Ryobi isn't worth buying because they wouldn't buy them. You like Ryobi thats fine but to say Milwaukee is crap is abit overboard...............

I have had a Dremel for about 10 years, same one, use it at work. I bought a Ryobi "equivilent" for home use, it ground to halt after less than 1 hour total use..............JUNK. I have a friend who's a carpenter, he's tried all of the reciprocating saws made, Milwaukee holds up best. I don't like Ryobi tools, their gear driven anything sounds hell.

sedanman said:
I have had a Dremel for about 10 years, same one, use it at work. I bought a Ryobi "equivilent" for home use, it ground to halt after less than 1 hour total use..............JUNK. I have a friend who's a carpenter, he's tried all of the reciprocating saws made, Milwaukee holds up best. I don't like Ryobi tools, their gear driven anything sounds hell.

I'm with you Sedanman. Where I work all the contractors buy Dewalt or Milwaukee. Porter Cable comes in third. We ask alot of them which they think is the tuffest one of the bunch and 9 times out of ten they say Milwaukee. We sell a ton of them and rarely do we get one back.

my crew and i dig on hitachi air tools, and we've got 'em all. senco, dewalt, porter cable, paslode. no ryobi, however.............wait. we have one of the "soft" shell ryobi cordless drills that the cabinet guy likes. other than that, no.

cord arrow said:
my crew and i dig on hitachi air tools, and we've got 'em all. senco, dewalt, porter cable, paslode. no ryobi, however.............wait. we have one of the "soft" shell ryobi cordless drills that the cabinet guy likes. other than that, no.

Cord how do those Senco's hold up? I asked because we service those things. Seems the old ones are built like tanks but the new ones are made in China and leave alot to be desired.

Latest posts

Back