Speaking of Dealers - Read this strategic vision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting on a little late here, not all dealers are that good at reading customers. When I went to buy first new chainsaw I told dealer I was going to be maintaining 33 acres of seriously unkept woodlot(1 of at least every two standing dead hemlocks) I told them that I was definately buying big saw now and smaller later. I told them that even though I try not to abuse my tools that often my owning them is a torture test. As a contractor I know that tools are expensive but labor is much more so and if tool works harder I go home sooner and take more money with me. I stated that a 28inch bar would be a nice option but 20 inch would most likely be my main cut. First dealer handed me a 290 and said cash or charge. I said what bigger they replied to expensive I walked out. Second dealer also steered me to 290 and said maybe 310 but at least handed me the catologue. As I flipped pages I asked about the 440 and was told that's for people making money with them. As I was walking out my friend who owns a 290 with a 16" and warned me it was low on power (he is a contractor also and USES tools) was walking in and took me to a different salesman and he says huh 440 most people to cheap but that is a saw and we would be more than happy to order for you. I bought 440 love 440 but it could have more power a dual port is on order and not sure if a 361 or 660 is next. The way the 440 hauls the 28 with the dual port will influence that decision. Still no 290 for this homeowner.

Back