Special Report: John Deere & Stihl Form Alliance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've run big Deere equipment in the fields a lot, and they really are one of the nicest machines to sit in all day long. The smaller stuff is engineered to a much lower standard, don't ask me why. Plus, Deere has some very nice excavating equipment, right up there with CAT. I was always used to running old Steigers, and the Deere was a huge improvement in power, comfort, and refinement. The Case IH products are just as nice though. I just prefer some of the powertrain options Deere offer. No doubt you pay for the name, but dealer service comes with it as well. Our Case IH dealers are good around here, but the Deere dealers go the extra mile, they've even hand delivered parts to me in a pinch, thats something our Kubota dealer will never do. And remember, you pay just as much for the Kubota name as you do the Deere name, and they don't offer the size equipment bigger industry relies on.

My Kubota dealer has delivered parts to me. but I don't need many parts.. as they have been pretty reliable.

I was in getting some parts last week from the JD dealer I used to work at. To say they are upset about this would be an understatement!!!
Because of so many problems in the past with JD picking up a brand just to drop them in a month or so and then doing it all over again. They have been carrying Shindiawa as long as I can remeber for all of their two stroke equipment. After much succes with this line of equipment they were told to drop them and carry Stihl or else face loosing the franchise rights!
After much contesting a deal was struck that they could continue to carry the Shinny products for three years then start phasing over to Stihl the next year. Not a bad call on the dealers part considering the track record of JD and it's two stroke choices.
I am still waiting to hear the local Stihl dealers take on all of this as well. I ca'nt imagine he would be pleased about this choice! I really like this shop, and it'snot four miles to the JD dealer! I would think some class action lawsuits will be in force soon!

Latest posts

Back