• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SPF--Jonsered CS 2188 - *Updated Photos* $750 shipped PHO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right. It is a good buy. I've got a 372 and a 395, just hard to justify a tweener right now.

Its perfect between the two...unfortunately they won't get used as much when you have the 385...its hard to justify the 395 when you have the 385...

385/2188 is the perfect one saw plan !!!!!

there i said it...

Its perfect between the two...unfortunately they won't get used as much when you have the 385...its hard to justify the 395 when you have the 385...

385/2188 is the perfect one saw plan !!!!!

there i said it...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the 2188 was the equivalent of a 390xp, not the 385? Either way, both great saws with excellent reputations...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the 2188 was the equivalent of a 390xp, not the 385? Either way, both great saws with excellent reputations...

My Bad...I have the husky version( 385)...and struggle with the Johnny translations..

My Bad...I have the husky version( 385)...and struggle with the Johnny translations..
I had to double check, but the 390xp and the 2188 are essentially the same saw. The red one is just prettier
d8795af7ed2ba1eae1513f01ea3b076b.jpg

76f75f81509bffa0613c35fc6c40fa20.jpg

I doubt your saw will still be around when the cash comes in, but if it is I expect a full fledged frying-pan wielding donnybrook with my wife over buying it. I figure the health problems caused by booze and 'backy aren't interesting enough ways to die, and a gruesome chainsaw mistake with a wicked sexy saw would be more my style. This is why I prefer Jonsered to Husky. Red hides the blood better.

I doubt your saw will still be around when the cash comes in, but if it is I expect a full fledged frying-pan wielding donnybrook with my wife over buying it. I figure the health problems caused by booze and 'backy aren't interesting enough ways to die, and a gruesome chainsaw mistake with a wicked sexy saw would be more my style. This is why I prefer Jonsered to Husky. Red hides the blood better.
Well, if you do buy it, I will need to have you sign a liability waiver.... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a fantastic price on the saw.... it's just a chitty time to sell right now. Otherwise, it would already be gone. I chose to sell my 2188 bc I am a hardcore 288xp fan and when I need a saw that size... Im grabbing the 288 every time. Not that it is stronger than my 2188, bc it isnt.... just bc I have an affinity towards the 288xp.. I like the sound, the feel, even the vibes over the 2188. In my stable, the 2188 became a tweener saw right between the 288 and 395xp both of which I wont sell.

this 2188 is a whole lot off CCs per dollar and it appears to be on the "mintier" side.

This is a fantastic price on the saw.... it's just a chitty time to sell right now. Otherwise, it would already be gone. I chose to sell my 2188 bc I am a hardcore 288xp fan and when I need a saw that size... Im grabbing the 288 every time. Not that it is stronger than my 2188, bc it isnt.... just bc I have an affinity towards the 288xp.. I like the sound, the feel, even the vibes over the 2188. In my stable, the 2188 became a tweener saw right between the 288 and 395xp both of which I wont sell.

this 2188 is a whole lot off CCs per dollar and it appears to be on the "mintier" side.

It really is a nice, clean saw. I'm just fortunate that I'm not desperate to sell it. At this point, if it sells, great. If not, I've got a very nice 88cc saw in the stable, just in case.
I'll tell ya though, each day that passes, I'm getting closer to having enough money saved for a new Wicked WS 562xp, and if I can come up with enough money before this 2188 sells, I WILL be keeping it. [emoji4]

If someone in the NE part of the U.S. buys this saw, I can ship it for about $20 cheaper. I will pass that saving on to the buyer.
So if you're in New England, New York, Penn, New Jersey.... I'll do $730 shipped PHO, or $775 with 24" tsumura B&C.

Back