• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SPF--Jonsered CS 2188 - *Updated Photos* $750 shipped PHO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone in the NE part of the U.S. buys this saw, I can ship it for about $20 cheaper. I will pass that saving on to the buyer.
So if you're in New England, New York, Penn, New Jersey.... I'll do $730 shipped PHO, or $775 with 24" tsumura B&C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a direct shot to me and I know it! Where in mass are you located? If we take out shipping entirely the price adjusts a bit for that too, no?

That was a direct shot to me and I know it! Where in mass are you located? If we take out shipping entirely the price adjusts a bit for that too, no?
Yes, if I don't have to ship it, I'm sure we could work out a better price.
I'm in western Mass, at the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains. With you being in ME, you'd probably be better off just having me ship it... Unless you get out this way frequently...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, if I don't have to ship it, I'm sure we could work out a better price.
I'm in western Mass, at the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains. With you being in ME, you'd probably be better off just having me ship it... Unless you get out this way frequently...

Well I have friends in Springfield and Pissfield, plus I am frequently in Londonderry, NH. OF course I'm just pipe dreaming now, but I had plans to purchase a saw sometime in the near future and yours near the price point I had in mind, and a bunch more saw. I will stay in touch.

And of course all my possibly pointless questions are keeping your thread at the top, so it may help you sell it to someone else. Half of me hopes you do.

Well I have friends in Springfield and Pissfield, plus I am frequently in Londonderry, NH. OF course I'm just pipe dreaming now, but I had plans to purchase a saw sometime in the near future and yours near the price point I had in mind, and a bunch more saw. I will stay in touch.

And of course all my possibly pointless questions are keeping your thread at the top, so it may help you sell it to someone else. Half of me hopes you do.

Springfield is only about 35 minutes from where I live, Pittsfield about 45 minutes...

Today I took the handlebar off the saw to refinish it since the factory paint had mostly all chipped off. It's getting a coat of self-etching primer, followed by a fresh coat of gloss black. This stuff will hopefully hold up much better than the stock paint, which practically falls off if you look at it the wrong way.

Pics coming soon...

Pics after I refinished the handlebar
be643e6ddc9379655889d45db9a15df0.jpg

2f566d7f21061e8c270c0d9c6467c886.jpg

9ad6850163ad795bc9a2c0c77b63414c.jpg

4b782fe867e1c3c06cfe44347fe9d6f4.jpg

e1142d1f4ec6fb08b4051a47e79c29b4.jpg

06aaa81da00688e6b3f1e11079968f61.jpg

$750 shipped PHO (lower 48)
$730 shipped PHO (New England, NY, NJ, PA)
+$45 for the 24" Tsumura bar and chain

Thats nice! I bet that will last alot longer than the factory paint. I love Jonsereds....but stare at the factory paint and it falls off.

I'm struggling with myself over this saw. I really just want to keep it, but I know I shouldn't. If I keep it, it'll most likely stay on the shelf 99% of the time...
But then again, I've been wanting to get a small Alaskan Mill setup...
This is really killing me!![emoji31]

I'm struggling with myself over this saw. I really just want to keep it, but I know I shouldn't. If I keep it, it'll most likely stay on the shelf 99% of the time...
But then again, I've been wanting to get a small Alaskan Mill setup...
This is really killing me!![emoji31]

That's what I want it for too. And to have the biggest saw the next time we all get together to drop 10" trees and clean up after winter :)

Ver' pretty all cleaned up on that snow.

Lots of generous trade offers, but really nothing that strikes my fancy. It would take something special for me to consider trading. Thanks for the offers guys!

Still looking to sell this mean machine, even though I'm gonna regret it the moment I box it up....

Latest posts

Back