Spikeless climbers needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jen for posting. These knotheads are trying to derail my thread with their all consuming fear of lawyers.
If your in the North Atlanta Metro area I'd be more than glad to go over my plan with ya. Much of my time now is devoted to public speaking and standing up for trees. With this great honor comes great responsibility

Just thought I'd bump this thread as spring is nearly here and my post is fallen to the 2nd page.

your a good man - no matter what they say - lol
If I could get the joy of tree workagain I would - but for now - it doesnt pay - I'll stick to construction and bridges - but I love the info

Women make great ground help. Limitations in one area are compensated for in other areas. A woman who can climb without spikes would be much more valuable than a man who uses spikes.

spikes

personally - I fell once while spurring a removal - got a little too overzealous - it was funny - not hurt bad - but never again. In school here they teach you from the get go - no spurs - climb without em. Hence I never have since - I can climb, shimmy - whatever it takes to get the job done - but pls dont ever say - oh - we are helpful on the ground. Cause most men I have had as groundsmen are useless

Im mostly sorry about the pay we all get like you said...

Oh you specialize in treees you a arborist that sounds expensive.

well....

it could be my Canadianese..., I'm not too sure how to take your last 2 shots - but dear god, I hope you dont mean them as they sound.......

happy happy, joy joy-

I'd kick your ass if you could make it here old man

:clap: :chainsaw:

Jen said:
your a good man - no matter what they say - lol
If I could get the joy of tree workagain I would - but for now - it doesnt pay - I'll stick to construction and bridges - but I love the info
Good for you Jen, I am just a hack in BC that climbs big trees in the bush, with spurs always. But in 04 I worked on a highrise tower in downtown Vancouver, there was a young woman carpenter about you size who worked like a man, impressed me a lot. Like its nothing for me to pack 4x6 shoring 12' long 2 at a time, but to see a small woman do it..... , actually one of the carpenters got in a fistfight with her partner cause he let her pack thier wood. I sprained my thumb when myself and his partner pulled them apart, you get suspended for fighting or actually having any fun, it sure isn't the 80s anymore, you know, beer in one hand, pump hose in the other, 30' off the ground t-shirt and jeans, no hardhat.

Latest posts

Back