Spike's GTG #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60's and a little breezey....sun is out beautiful day to clean up some old hardware...

(Another bit to add to the wish list...my old Model 61 is the earliest ever so the cap for the bar oil tank is..smaller than any other Husqvarna. Any one have one of those caps?)

Spike I did not say I was I said I Could??? I don't want to step on anyones toes???

By bringing some big saws plus the splitter that is already sold I planned on the enclosed trailer and its 28' so there is room for more is all..

Scott

I don't think you will step on any toes, if so I believe you would have got a message about what the problem is already.........:givebeer:

Have a great time at the gtg! :cheers:

Last edited:
Frontal Movement

Looks like that front is getting by you guys. Looks nice and clear for a bit behind it. It rained up here like a cow Pi$$ing on a flat rock this afternoon and heavy rain forcast for tonight and early tomorrow. But you folks look golden. The best of luck tomorrow and enjoy!!:cheers::cheers:

Loks like motomedik can make the trip. I'll pick him up around 6:00 so I'll be later than planned..more like 10:00

Have: 2 bags of Hoffman Snappy Grillers, hot dog buns, catsup & mustard

Saws: Mac 660, 10-10, Homie 540, 1020, 1130, Husky 61 & Stihl MS170
moto will have a Mac 610 & Husky 61 I believe.

Looks like that front is getting by you guys. Looks nice and clear for a bit behind it. It rained up here like a cow Pi$$ing on a flat rock this afternoon and heavy rain forcast for tonight and early tomorrow. But you folks look golden. The best of luck tomorrow and enjoy!!:cheers::cheers:

Yep, Your getting the weather that
just rolled through here today. It
has stopped raining now and i hope
it's over.

Lee

Somehow a lot of saws are making the way to the trailer for the GTG

I see alot of Dolmar making there way to the trailer....... And a Canadien 33" 275+ as well, A Solo EHP681 and a Redmax 5000 to boot. For the Dolmars.........
166 72"
166 50"
166 32"
166 20"
NOS Dolmar CT
153 25"
143 29"
133 33"
KMS4
PS9010
EHP7900
EHP7900
Demo PS7900 w/ HD Filter
Demo PS5100
Frankenstein PS5000
Used PS460
Snelling PS420
Demo PS420

EHP PS3410 (long handle) with 14" 1/4" Oregon Carving Bar
New West Coast Special for East Coast Loggers PS7900 Full Wrap handle, HD Filter, 28" Bar

Maybe more :dizzy::dizzy:

Scott

Last edited:
I see alot of Dolmar making there way to the trailer....... And a Canadien 33" 275+ as well, A Solo EHP681 and a Redmax 5000 to boot. For the Dolmars.........
166 72"
166 50"
166 32"
166 20"
NOS Dolmar CT
153 25"
143 29"
133 33"
KMS4
PS9010
EHP7900
EHP7900
Demo PS7900 w/ HD Filter
Demo PS5100
Frankenstein PS5000
Used PS460
Snelling PS420
Demo PS420

Maybe more :dizzy::dizzy:

Scott

Will anyone have time left to run anything else??? :jawdrop: :cheers:

Cuttingscott.
If you read this before you take off.
Would by chance have a kill switch for
a Sachs Dolmar 120si
I need one if you can bring it.

Thanks Lee

All quiet on the West front?

.......probably not - I guess you all are busy running saws etc by now! :cheers:

How did the weather turn out?

A Good Time Had By All.....

Well were back had a great time met some new faces.... Steve got alot of pics and vids he will be posting soon..
His video card ran out before I ripped a 30" x 70" hard maple crotch in two with the 72" Sachs Dolmar 166.... Got to see alot and run alot of Big Old Saws. Leeha's Skil 1690 was awesome as well as my Neighbor Scott's Canadien 275+ ran great also. Weimedog's big saws were a hit as well as the macs that Leeha brought. It was Good to Meet You Beuwulf67 I am glad you got to run the Dolmars and the Solo.. Im sure I will be hearing from you again.. J. Walker had a sweet array of saws Thanks for running some of my Dolmars as well. Thanks to Lee from right there in Hurley for buying the Timberwolf Splitter and getting me to drag out a trailer load of saws lol. I know there were other members there as well and I thank all that took time to share with Spike, Warren and Us today..

Thanks again
Scott

Well were back had a great time met some new faces.... Steve got alot of pics and vids he will be posting soon..
His video card ran out before I ripped a 30" x 70" hard maple crotch in two with the 72" Sachs Dolmar 166.... Got to see alot and run alot of Big Old Saws. Leeha's Skil 1690 was awesome as well as my Neighbor Scott's Canadien 275+ ran great also. Weimedog's big saws were a hit as well as the macs that Leeha brought. It was Good to Meet You Beuwulf67 I am glad you got to run the Dolmars and the Solo.. Im sure I will be hearing from you again.. J. Walker had a sweet array of saws Thanks for running some of my Dolmars as well. Thanks to Lee from right there in Hurley for buying the Timberwolf Splitter and getting me to drag out a trailer load of saws lol. I know there were other members there as well and I thank all that took time to share with Spike, Warren and Us today..

Thanks again
Scott

I heard you guys had a really good time!

...got an initial report on the phone, thanks Spike & co! :cheers::cheers:

As luck would have it Steve (166) took one hundred and sixty six (166) pictures and videos he is processing them now.

Scott

Had a great time today. Many thanks to Spike60 and company for an outstanding GTG. Good to meet fellow AS members and put faces with screen names. Already looking forward to the next one!

There was an awesome collection of saws from vintage to new. Of course the Jreds were the prettiest (and best cutting) belles of the ball! :hmm3grin2orange:

Just wanted to say thanks

I had a great time today guys. Thanks Bob (Spike) and Warren for putting this gtg on. Another thanks to Jason (Motomedic) for performing surgery on my Husky 51 and the guys at the shop for letting us use their workspace. The Dolmar guys had some nice machinery and the TW splitter couldn't be slowed at all (even though I tried with that round of Beech!). After seeing the Johny's, Husky's and Dolmars (not to mention the older homies and macs) in action I just may need to change my Avatar! Thanks again.

Once again Bob and Warren's gtg was a big hit. Perfect weather, sunny 60's big old clouds passing over. Saws were everywhere you looked. Big, small, old, new. Warren handed an auto tune over to me and I was real surprised at how smoothly that 650 (I believe) buzzed through a log.
The format of this gtg was pick a saw and go at it. I for one got more out of this setup. Just read the number of the side of the saw running if it something that gave you an itch ask the runner of the saw more info and maybe take it for a spin yourself. Lot of surprises.
The food was a feast of lasagna, stuffed peppers, chili ( who made that chili, um um good) dogs and more dogs. I was soooo full.
The highlight of the day was watching Cutting Scott rip that maple puppy in half with the 166 and 72" bar.
Moto maniac nice meeting you. Wiemerdog the same. Scott keep up the good work nice line up of saws you got there.Thanks Bob and Warren for the time and the place and the food.

I'll post my pics once I descend back to my cable connection.

Well fellas, we sure made a lot of sawdust, didn't we? I really enjoyed getting to spend an afternoon with you guys. I had met everyone before except Leeha who I'm glad I can add to the list of AS friends. His collection of heavy artillery was amazing. I wanted to measure the compression on the Mac with the cart motor, but I don't know that my gage went that high. Can't pull those things over without the compression release. Might as well start your truck with a rope. I finally got to run a Husky 2100, which is now on my short list of things I gotta get.

Weimedog won the saw toss competition with the winning throw measuring 55 FT. It was a Craftsman with the handles removed, and he followed motomedics' lead by swinging it with the starter cord. Could have slew Goliath with that throw.

We sort of bribed Team Dolmar to come down by hooking them up with a customer who wanted a Timberwolf splitter, so they couldn't resist. :) Any interesting Dolmar that was made in the last 30 years was there to play with. None more interesting than the 72" 166 that ripped that big chunk of maple.

Jwalker's modded saws with the square ground chain were again the fastest saws there. Jack is just one of those guys I enjoy hanging out with and talking to, but with events like this, there is always somebody that you don't feel you really had a chance to do that with, and the day blew by without us being able to chat much, so we'll be sure to do that at the next one upstate. Thanks for buying the 2153. I don't know how long it will remain stock, but enjoy it in good health. :cheers: BTW, it wasn't until after you left that I got into that homemade salsa. My compliments to Mrs. Walker!

I was able to reduce my saw count by 4, getting rid of 5 saws at the swap meet, and only adding one. One kind of down on his luck guy came by looking for a used saw so he could get his wood cut, so I just gave him a halfway decent 031 for free. Weimedog later said "hey he could have had one of mine too." There were just so many saws there that many of us had a few we just wanted to get rid of in order to keep some, (but not much), sanity to the saw hobby.

Beowulf67 did not disappoint with the stuffed peppers either, and his saws were in their usual fine state of tune. (Thanks for hanging out after the cutting was done and visiting a while. And extra thanks for the Chimay!)

The same could be said for half of mine, while a few others showed signs of being ignored for too long a time. LOL I was most happy with my 372/2171 "Jonsky" which was really running in a sweet spot, and the 630Super which was the strongest saw present in the 60CC class. There were no 361's to spank, but maybe next time.

I did miss all of the guys who couldn't make it due to the date switch. The Crew from Maine, BloodOnTheIce, (and thank you for the Stihl shirt, which I will ware when I have an opportunity to raise a few eybrows with it.). And husky455rancher did the absolute right thing staying home with your little girl who had the flu. But we picked up a few more like Bushman69 who wouldn't have made the Saturday date.

Extra thanks to Motomedic and Woodgrenade for doing much of the heavy lifting loading the blocks into Walter's truck.

And we did call Sawtroll on the phone in the afternoon to say hello and in that way, include him in the program. I had too much going on Niko, so we'll talk a little longer next time.

Thanks guys. Hope everyone had a nice ride home. :cheers:

Last edited:
Spike%27s%2010-04-09-001.JPG

Spike%27s%2010-04-09-002.JPG

Spike%27s%2010-04-09-003.JPG

Back