Splitter score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbhooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went to an auction yesterday and bought a like new, 37-ton, North Star splitter with log lift. The current price from Northern on the splitter, is $4400, plus shipping. I paid $2500 for it. I was hoping that I would not have to spend that much on it, but there was one other person that wanted it pretty badly. I was hoping to walk away with it for $1500, or less, but was not going to let it walk away. I endured and went home with it.

The thing is a beast! I cannot wait to fire it up! For once, I made a fairly good deal on something.

I'll see about getting some pics up. I fired it up yesterday and man am I impressed! I think my 22-ton is going to have to find a new home!

Nice! Good luck with it. Maybe the sale of your old splitter will help offset the cost a little.

Does anybody make a slip-on, four-way wedge for this unit, to fit over the existing wedge? I was considering having a buddy weld wings on the one that is there, but once it is welded, it there is not much option.

I gave up on the removable wedge and had my buddy weld one on for me. It is a beast, now! Is there any way to upload a picture directly from my i phone onto here?

I've been to an auction or two in the past. There are good deals to be had but you gotta know your stuff and go over stuff carefully. I bought a wood maxx chipper a few weeks ago and sold it this week, doubled my money but that doesn't happen often. It's like fishing you gotta have your hook in the water or you go home with nothing.
This is this morning bids at an online auction, well one page of them. These are mostly skid steer attachments, buckets, grapples, mowers etc.
IMG_20170410_191216.jpg IMG_20170505_112120.jpg

Latest posts

Back