Splitz-all gizmo / cost of strong steel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livemusic

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone seen the Splitz-all? (http://goodnuseful.com/splitz-all/)

The large one is $325 and the xtra large is $395. Yikes. That seems awfully high. Why would this be priced so high? Is the cost of uber strong steel that high? I might luck up and find a used powered log splitter for that price.

Looks like a torture device to me...all the back breaking labor of hand splitting with nowhere near the output.

Could you imagine wrapping ever round with a $35 chain thingy before splitting it?

The wood they are splitting looks like softwood that's been sitting out in the sun for few years bleaching. I expect my Fiskars could be just as fast

The wood they are splitting looks like softwood that's been sitting out in the sun for few years bleaching. I expect my Fiskars could be just as fast

I'm working on splitting Willow. 24" round, wedge and 8lb sledge to have it, 5 or 6 shots with the Fiskars and it is done. Many times I don't even use the wedge/sledge.

That looks very similar to many others that appeared (and promptly disappeared) on the market. The only real advance in wood splitting tools other than improvement on the shape of an ax (re: Fiskars) is the hydro splitters or other methods run by a motor.

They would have been much better off not showing those folks easily picking up those big rounds with one hand to dump them out of that chain. I believe you could wave a dull pocket knife in the general direction of that wood and render it to toothpicks.

For that price it better have a radio, beer dispenser, cell phone charger, dog leash, small tool kit and a lifetime supply of beef jerky.

It pulls out of the ground that easily, yet it will hold a winch to pull out a full sized jeep??? Come on Goodnuseful....come on!!!

Well if that ain't a bunch of over priced make it harder on yourself for some new stupid idea crap I don't know what is

Latest posts

Back