Sporotrichosis from suguoi bite?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendtrees

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be selfish and ask for comments on this folks, been real busy the past three months.
Perhaps with our recent snow I'll be back in contribution mode soon.

Anyway,... nailed my knee real good with the sugoi about six weeks ago. Skin healed well as bone stopped the saw from cutting and left me with 5-6 tooth marks. A few weeks go by and I notice a little tightness in my knee. Upon further inspection I find a lump on the side of the kneecap. Go to the doc and he comes up with "Sporotrichosis."

Anyone have experience with this fungus? Apparently only 250-400 people in the US get it each year.

Oh, in case his diagnosis is off,... Swelling is now the size of a quarter. No reddness or inflamation, the "nodule" is not sensitive, fairly hard consistency. I have had strep or staph infections in this knee twice before and it ain't that. It appears to be slowly growing (as predicted) so I am glad my million dollar meds are on the way, but I am still not sure the diagnosis is on. It is hard to blood test or culture, so I am experimenting a bit.

If you wanna take something away,... I knew I should have irrigated the punctures to clean them out but I didn't.... Too busy and they looked clean,... well on the proactive note, maybe I should have not hit myself with the saw!

Thanks for the imput
chris

Oh, I've basically googled the heck out of this subject, but sometimes its best to just put it out there. Hopefully this thread may help someone in the future.

Last edited:
Just Googled it. . . That's a messed up condition; it's like something off X-files.

Hope you kill this stuff!

Oh, you guys don't even know... I'm all about the "Rebel Yell." Cheaper and smoother, go's real nice with the egg nog this time of year!

Oh, I've basically googled the heck out of this subject, but sometimes its best to just put it out there. Hopefully this thread may help someone in the future.

Back