Sprayer (not actually large equipment though)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menchhofer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Somebody give me an idea as to how much money it would cost to purchase a good sprayer.

I am looking at something that would just spray 30-40 ft. or maybe higher. Something perhaps portable if possible we could take off and on the truck.

I intend to use for root feeding and spraying some trees. Need input....thanks

Hi Steve,

I have been pricing sprayers. Northern Tools has a basic 200 gallon sprayer with 5.5 honda, 7 gpm (+/-) for about $2,100

I have seen a Wylie with 300 gallon tank and tree wand 5.5 hp/ +/- 9 gpm for about $3,400

That seems to be the range. I thought about building my own but the slide in skid sprayers seem to be a decent package.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know anything about GPM or pressure as it relates to how high a sprayer will throw by any chance Jason?

I am ashamed to admit that I was a volunteer firefighter some 13 years ago and a pump operator! I know from being a pressure washer operator, about 7 years ago, that gpm gave you a bigger stream at distance but didn't seem to have an effect of adding to the distance which the water traveled. For that, I think, it has more to do with the restriction in the gun or lance and fan angle on the nozzle you are using. PSI propels..I think. Sorry I can't be of better assistance.

Latest posts

Back