Spring Ceaning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wash walls with TSP from the paint department and then put on fresh paint.

If your stove is set up properly the walls and ceiling should be no worse off than the rest of the house. If you have smoke damage something is wrong !

Clean it and if it is still dirty looking put a coat of Kilz paint with the paint and primer mixed in one.

Usually in the spring we have to seriously clean the whole house from the dust(a lot of it) that accumulates from wood burning. There shouldn't be any necessity to paint or scrub down the walls with the normal stove usage. If you have a smoke damage problem you are going to have to use a stainblock primer before the latex top coat. And also figure out what is causing your smoking problem :msp_unsure:

This might sound a little unconventional, but i have a driveway seal coat squeegee/broom that i wrap an old towel around and use hot water and Murphy's oil soap and scrub all the walls and ceiling....
One of the reasons that I'm in the process of installing an OWB....I'm tired of all the dust, dirt and smoke..

Latest posts

Back