Spring is near....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always have some cheap tomato juice in the cabinet just for that. My present boxer has never learned to stay away from the business end of a skunk. My first dog got sprayed once after that she could dispatch one with out getting stinky.

How can I tell.... QUOTE]

Try and tell us that tomorrow under a foot of fresh snow :mad: I wish it wasnt true. But you being a fellow Minnesota boy, you have found it impossibe to dodge the upcoming storm forecast. It seems to happen every year, we get teased with a week of nice weather and poof, winter again.

Always have some cheap tomato juice in the cabinet just for that. My present boxer has never learned to stay away from the business end of a skunk. My first dog got sprayed once after that she could dispatch one with out getting stinky.

When I took my trappers course we were given a recipe to wash off skunk spray and I have found it works really well. Mix 4 c. hydrogen peroxide with 4 tbsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. dish-washing soap.

Not a chance spring is here! it was -31°c this Morning Last week it was nice+6°c and warm but 110km 65mph Winds did tons of damage here.
I am so lucky the hound never ran into a skunk! well he ran into one once but I shot it before it could spray him.
When he was very sick and dying of the big C he tangled with a porky got a quill in the lip Porky got a 165gr Seirra at 3400fps :msp_laugh:

How can I tell.... QUOTE]

Try and tell us that tomorrow under a foot of fresh snow :mad: I wish it wasnt true. But you being a fellow Minnesota boy, you have found it impossibe to dodge the upcoming storm forecast. It seems to happen every year, we get teased with a week of nice weather and poof, winter again.

The other thing one learns as a Minnesotan is that the weather report is only good for telling the story AFTER it happens. Call for a foot and we'll get an inch. Call for an inch and well get a foot. My official MN forecast is as follows. Cold with a good chance of snow till June. Warm with a good chance of rain June till October, then snow and cold again.... ;)

Drove to Kansas City and back today, saw 5 or 6 roadkill skunks on the highway. They are definately out and moving. Nasty.

Spring,Spring,Spring

Wish it was here""" A friend of mine stopped in last night and said, spring is here" ...:msp_smile: Boy, its just February, don't you know??? LOL Sorry friends, not yet""""

Headed out to clear off about 8" of spring right now.

Finally had a chance to use the new 4" tow strap I got for Christmas, neighbor kid missed his driveway last night.

Haven't seen skunks yet, but have seen a couple coons out and about.

skunk in a trap

At work i drew the short straw and had to put a cardboard box over a skunk in a live trap. didnt get sprayed, relocated him to a nicer spot, Bossman wouldnt let me shoot him. i sweet talked the skunk...NICE KITTY...NICE KITTY.:msp_blink:

The other thing one learns as a Minnesotan is that the weather report is only good for telling the story AFTER it happens. Call for a foot and we'll get an inch. Call for an inch and well get a foot. My official MN forecast is as follows. Cold with a good chance of snow till June. Warm with a good chance of rain June till October, then snow and cold again.... ;)[/QUOTE]

sounds just like pennsylvania

Back