Spring is near....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yall can keep it.... i am sick of it already.. we are getting ice storm right now again..and wed is supposed to be 45deg again..any one want some mud? i have plenty...drive down to the barn in 4x4...leaving ruts all the way..and thats on the gravel...went out and cut last week and was wading in 6" deep mud whole time.. dragged the logs to ditch line to cut and load..will be doing same tomorrow and wed... went by there tonight, to see the water standing 1" deep over the road and ice and snow coming down...at least it will be warmer tomorrow....i am so sick of winter i want to start everything i have with an engine and leave it run!!!! my way of contributing to global warming...:chainsawguy::chainsawguy::chainsawguy::chainsawguy::chainsawguy::chainsawguy::chainsawguy::chainsawguy:

How can I tell....? Woke up this morning to the smell of skunk...:msp_thumbdn: If I had a dog still, I would be concerned. Maybe it got it on the tar road, perhaps a coyote, be either way the little buggers are out.
Is that a sign of spring?I hope so I saw one the other morning on my way to work,waddling down the road...in my lane...I couldnt get stopped fast enough and I couldnt swerve as there was too much snow on the road. :mad2:

Always have some cheap tomato juice in the cabinet just for that. My present boxer has never learned to stay away from the business end of a skunk. My first dog got sprayed once after that she could dispatch one with out getting stinky.

My boxer was never known to be brilliant. He would get sprayed twice or more, every year. Enought to where I almost got used to the smell.... :D
Boxers are the bestest peoples!!
charlie%20and%20katie.jpg

Here's the proof that global warming is happening. ;)
globalwarming.jpg

Not a chance spring is here! it was -31°c this Morning Last week it was nice+6°c and warm but 110km 65mph Winds did tons of damage here.
I am so lucky the hound never ran into a skunk! well he ran into one once but I shot it before it could spray him.
When he was very sick and dying of the big C he tangled with a porky got a quill in the lip Porky got a 165gr Seirra at 3400fps :msp_laugh:

165gr @ 3400 fps? You shot a Porky with a 300 ultra mag???:msp_thumbup:

Spring?

Geese have been flying north over head here for two weeks now.

Buzzards are back.

Spring peepers are singing.

63*f today... :msp_biggrin:

The other thing one learns as a Minnesotan is that the weather report is only good for telling the story AFTER it happens. Call for a foot and we'll get an inch. Call for an inch and well get a foot. My official MN forecast is as follows. Cold with a good chance of snow till June. Warm with a good chance of rain June till October, then snow and cold again.... ;)

used to have,,the same weatherman you must have had!!!!!!!!!--rain--itll shine,,,light snow--a full blown blizzard!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy::dizzy:

!! you really should'nt talk like that keith... now your grounded from the ice for the rest of the year!! lol

LOL...what you talk'n bout Willis?
Late ice is a hoot. Travel is easy, gear can be held to a minimum ,clothing can be eliminated...well some of it...LOL and it turns into tanning weather.:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Went to the bank this afternoon.I saw 8 eagles...this is our 1st sign.
Pretty soon we will see geese and ducks...after that it's nothing but SUV's hauling boats on trailers heading up from the Twin Cities.

???? !! SEE HOW YOU ARE !! there you go again swearing like a norweigan with out his lutafisk!! them there danged southerners dont know how to deal with us northerners .... anytime they move up here from south of lindy land were in for a bunch of laughs!! so "PLEASE QUIT SWEARING WITH THOSE CITIOTS HAULING MISADVENTURE".... LOL what we need is a sign at little falls saying " spring and summer wont arrive this year ! due to a long needed vacation" !!:hmm3grin2orange:

Back