Spring time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Proper maintenance is something that often gets overlooked, but shouldn't. If a saw is operated with weak clutch springs it can be dangerous when packing it around the bush, or if the chain brake is engaged, excessive heat can build up from the clutch slipping on the drum. Running/forcing a saw with dull chains can, and usually will, result in siezure. Spending a few bucks and taking a few minutes to maintain your equipment will save costly repairs down the road.

Went through a used saw I bought today. Old clutch spring vs. new

attachment.php

Last edited:
Good reminder. Good photo too!

I am real excited to get out there in the woods, now that some of the snow has thawed. Need to get a head start on firewood for next year, and fire up some saws that have been sitting! This weekend will be a blast!!!

Weak clutch springs just allows the chain to start running at a lower engine speed than desirable. Not sure it has any relationship to seizing... unless I'm missing something?

Hahaha, ya caught me red handed. I didn't mean to post BS...it's late...going to fix it now. :D

Latest posts

Back