Square filing videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those are back up for when the chain goes dull ,built in misery whip cross cut saw ;)
I like em too.....

cbdd1ea6fa056e5f42751e47b1c25b57.jpg

You make it look too easy! How about a filing vise to let you use 2 hands to guide the file?

Philbert

Once you find angles you like ,it gets easier ,holding the file right is the key ,if can hit the corner of the cutter and graze the tie strap for a depth gauge ,all your cutters should come out pretty even .Also do not push too hard on the file ,let the file do the work .

Brian my file looks alot like yours.....even hit the strap about the same place.

i know i need glasses but that sure does look like a four side file from here..........
Do your cutters look close to mine ? if hitting the strap ,should be pretty good angles ,i get a little carried away sometimes though

it is 6 ,it does look 4 sided in that pic ,here is a side image of same file square chain 8-16-14 h1r 022.JPG square chain 8-16-14 h1r 020.JPG

Do your cutters look close to mine ? if hitting the strap ,should be pretty good angles ,i get a little carried away sometimes though

it is 6 ,it does look 4 sided in that pic ,here is a side image of same file View attachment 364290 View attachment 364292
yea, pretty much......yer running a little lower on the gauges than i am, that gets grabby in oak.
i see lol......funny how the camera changes things.

what kinda chain is that?

yea, pretty much......yer running a little lower on the gauges than i am, that gets grabby in oak.
i see lol......funny how the camera changes things.

what kinda chain is that?

It is old skool Rsf stihl full skip,notice the thinner rakers? They may be a little low,they were taken down a couple years ago when I was a rookie

Latest posts

Back