Squashed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many questions. I can't think of a single good answer to any of them.

@Mad Professor Did the friend that sent the video know about the outcome for the patient?

No, he just sent me the movie clip. We both heat with wood and cut wood together.

We've been using a lot of EAB killed ash, and those trees in thick woods we won't drop without the other spotting the fall. A lot we won't touch as the dead tops will get you. Better to let nature fell them and loose some of it to rot, then get planted by a top falling on you.

In my mind, there was a face cut toward us. He took off and ran at the right time, he just went the wrong way. But I am watching on a 24" monitor. Not well trained.

But, it almost looks like he is cutting in a park? Or at least a well tended field. I can't tell if it's standing dead, but no other trees have leaves. Should have made it easier to read the weight. The guy commenting on the video could tell the tree was going to go the wrong way. Sounds as if there was a wedge in.

The backwards ball cap, tee shirt, shorts and shoes (Flip Flops??), the way he is leaning ready to run as he is cutting make me think someone should not have let him run a chain saw.

And the cost was too high.

I hope he lived too but I don't think so.

Me either.
The tree fell into the lean. When it held up and didn't go over he continued his back cut right through the hinge.
I hope he lived.

Narrative says he was opening up face cut.

Hard to tell from the footage

Latest posts

Back