Starting a firewood business with a wood bundler.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bundles in my area look like they just use some twine and tie it around by hand.But I 've seen at fred myers it has a label and plastic wrap.

Info

People that buy bundle FW don't always buy it for heat they are upper class people and have money they not on the have to list and they want there bundles to look nice. I have a bag I call waste I throw the stuff that don't look good and sell it to somebody that is hurting for FW money I bundle up two orders yesterday I deliver them today. I will collect 280.00 dollars if that had been bulk I would only make about 30.00 dollars. Remember your bundles have to please the customer. Always tell them how beautiful the home is and old people like to talk so listen. If you don't have time to listen you need to get out of the FW business. As I said before in the delivery FW business you have a different type customer that is bundled. You don't deliver in a mud splattered truck. I dress like I am going to church. I wash my equipment before it gets dirty. Bundled and bulk FW is two different kinds of business. Later

Hudson

I got a Hudson large hand wrapper ordered it on Friday got the following Tuesday. It. Is great to buy a electric one you have to be weak. Yor can buy two hand operated wrappers for the price of one electric wrapper. Two people wrapping and one splitting. Great balls of money

I got a Hudson large hand wrapper ordered it on Friday got the following Tuesday. It. Is great to buy a electric one you have to be weak. Yor can buy two hand operated wrappers for the price of one electric wrapper. Two people wrapping and one splitting. Great balls of money
I thought I needed an electric bundler but my hand crank bundler is easy to crank. I have more problems with adjusting the tension on the plastic too lose wood falls out too tight the bundles tear. As the roll of plastic gets smaller the tension needs to be changed. Most of my time is spent splitting and cutting to the correct length 14" to 16" not sure off the top of my head. I pring up flyers with my name and phone number on the bundles I use four wraps two raps aroung the bundle insert the flyer wrap two more wraps now the flyer is water proof and the customer that buys my bundles from a retail store calls me and asks if I have larger quantities. David

To arlen

After Christmas have you wife shop for Xmas paper when it gets dog cheap. Try next Xmas use that for a wrapper insert. My grand kids love to cut the pieces for me and stamp our info on them remember as I say women shop not the men try that in your area. See how it works. Halloween, labor day, new years, birthdays. I do and it work and tag little money on the price of the bundle. Remember people who buy bundle firewood buy for plesure not comfort. Me and my wife tested what look good on our hearth. Later

Last edited:
Info

I have a few seasoned cords at home and I could buy some if I need it. I asked my friend who sells wood it he thought there was a market for a bundler in San Diego he thought there was. His friend has a homemade crude hand crank bundler he said I could use it and make up some bundles and see if I have luck selling them. I may try that this weekend. It it did work out I could make some money I would probably buy a supersplit to process the wood or buy wholesale from my friend to make bundles. David
I got into the firewood business done it different ways finally settled down to small bundles at $2.50 a bundle. We have talked before so I am sure your on your way to success. Let us know how you are doing later

If you do bundled firewood do the best out thar.

Over time 3 years we do a lot of bundled firewood, for the smalle wood year we have. Ftum OCT. To now we whose saled over 2500 bundles. Know wot your custermer is needing, and do it. My kiln is home made and works good. All dundles are kiln dryed. We do camp fire wood and heat wood. Over time we made two home made electric dundlers that do adut 90 a HR. Good luck if you are aver neer us hear in NC come and see wot we have dun. lol Bet you can get good info on wot not to try and wot to try.

Wrapped firewood

I do the bundled fire wood I buy a rank of Ash. I always have to split it to what my customers want the people I buy it from look at me like I crazy. One fellow said I sell you firewood and you turn around and sell it to some body else. I said crazy I guess I'm crazy. He spit a big wade of tobacco juice on drive way and said ou just stay crazy and keep selling you firewood.just smaller and went to splitting. I get 3 4x4s out of a truck load which disclose to a rank there are 30 bundles to a 4x4 wholesale that's $2.50 a bundle. Retail I get $5.00 delivered I get $7.00 do the math who's crazy now and I don't have to work as hard as he does and it a whole lot safer when that tree comes down stay in there wood wrappers another trick cut out the comp. I sell to store wholesale consignment I pick up the one that get no payed for. Venders jump right on that. I might have lost $30.00 last year from stealing. I made 50.000.00 plus lat year.

Last edited:
Info

I want to start a side business selling bundled firewood. I am going to order a wood bundler on the 15th $2300 dollars delivered. I have a new splitter on back order form Harbor Freight. Have you guys seen the 30 ton splitter with the log lift with a 9hp robins engine for under $1,500. dollars. I have a source of firewood eucalyptus a friend is cutting down 4 acres of euc and he says I can take all I want.
1] It is 5 miles from my home.
2]I have to pick up the dropped trees with my tractor put them in my pile,
3]cut them with my saw
4] load them in my small trailer that I tow with my mini van.
5] drive home 5 miles unload the trailer.
6] split the wood.
7] bundle wood.
8] stack bundled wood on pallets.
9] Load wood in trailer and try to sell.[ I am hoping for $7.- a bundle retail and $ 4.- wholesale.

If I can make some money on this venture I will buy a one ton dump truck. I have a 1 acre lot with about half I could use to cut split and stack. Do any of you sell bundled wood ? What do you guys think ? Have any suggestions thanks David
When you sell bundled F/W you don't need a lot of stock I keep about 2 cord on hand in my kiln that from 2 to 3 weeks supply. I use to keep 100s of tons of FW on hand I let a fellow talk me into bulk sales that took it toll on me and didn't make much profit. Bundled firewood sells year round.

Pictures

Bill , CRT, lets see those kilns
I don't know how to put pictures on I have email them to a member a year ago to put up never saw them up. He sent me a email thanking me for the pictures. I am not a computer wizard. I be back home in the middle of Febuary I'll email you them you can put them ok. So send me your email address or how to put pictures up later

Back