Sthil MS200 to saddle question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a climber, but I have tired it a little bit so I'm going to by my a saddle and everything I need and take a training. One of the hook they are selling here looks pretty good.

Tool hook
attachment.php

MAG58 said:
I am not a climber, but I have tired it a little bit so I'm going to by my a saddle and everything I need and take a training. One of the hook they are selling here looks pretty good.

Tool hook
attachment.php

Where did you find this hook?

Norwegian Tool Hook

fhfr436 said:
We've got to get Sherrill to import that Norwegian Tool Hook!
The currency conversion is 220 NOK = 35 USD.

Well, I don't know if it's made here, and if it's sold in other country, but we can get it here.

:greenchainsaw:

fishhuntcutwood said:
Yeah, that ring on the saw is plenty to hold it's weight. That's what it's there for. Not saying it's indestructable, but it works fine.
that ring on the MS200 lookslike it would fall off if you looked at it wrong. Could you hook it to the handle grip?

TreeCo said:
An old piece of rope.
A old peice of rope. Hell I was useing a key chain clip for a long time untill I droped my saw from a 40ft' palm. I would sugest just getting a lanyard that can clip on your saw or wrap arround it. Its been a greatest peice of equipment on my harnest besides a prescent for lack tieing and repelling down the the tree.

MAG58 said:

Tool hook
attachment.php
Yeah, looks ok, but does it lock? Nothing worse than worming your way up a thick spruce and having your saw snap get caught on the branches. Or having a branch open your gate and dump your saw.

beowulf343 said:
Yeah, looks ok, but does it lock? Nothing worse than worming your way up a thick spruce and having your saw snap get caught on the branches. Or having a branch open your gate and dump your saw.

Well it works like a regular gate on a nonlocking accessory biner, like Petzl Caritool. I think this one shod be steady and strong, and don't you use a lanyard on you'r chainsaw :confused: I do see the problem of a branch open the gate, but I think this is one of the better Tool Hook's I seen.

Petzl Caritool
attachment.php

Lanyard
attachment.php

MAG58 said:
don't you use a lanyard on you'r chainsaw
Yeah, but once had the lanyard unhooked by a branch and didn't know it until another branch dumped my saw and it hit the ground. It's why I tape up all non-locking snaps on my saddle and use locking snaps everywhere else.

Hmm, just did some checking on the caritool-is only rated for 11lbs. Seems kinda weak. Just the powerhead of the 200t is almost 8lbs, right?

beowulf343 said:
Yeah, but once had the lanyard unhooked by a branch and didn't know it until another branch dumped my saw and it hit the ground. It's why I tape up all non-locking snaps on my saddle and use locking snaps everywhere else.

Hmm, just did some checking on the caritool-is only rated for 11lbs. Seems kinda weak. Just the powerhead of the 200t is almost 8lbs, right?

I think I chance to some kind of locking snap in the lanyard if I were you, and yes the Caritool seems kinda weak for any chainsaw,
use this:D
attachment.php

Petzl Caritoool, European tool hooks

The Petzl Caritool is intended for one-handed storage for ice climbing screws. I agree that it is most likely unsuitable for the weight of a chainsaw.
Black Diamond makes one that's similar called the Ice Clipper. It's a big black plastic wire-gate carabiner with a flat spine like the Caritool. However, it does not have the integrated belt-retaining slot that the Caritool has. Instead, it comes with a separate rubber retainer strap.
iceclipperlg.jpg

There is apparently an updated version to put a little hook on the top. I assume this still comes with the strap.
490101_ice_clipper.jpg

The first and third German hooks also look like fantastic options to try.
One common benefit is that they are designed to stay perpendicular to the belt, so they are easily accessible.

Ekka said:
Have you seen how new and clean JTinaTree's gear is? That 200T's never been fired.

Your not just a gear junky are ya JTinaTree? Ya gotta get that stuff dirty. :D
i also notced his shackles on b2 are spun in rong direction but if it never gets used i guess its ok:help:

(WLL) said:
i also notced his shackles on b2 are spun in rong direction but if it never gets used i guess its ok:help:

WLL ,that's the way mine have been since day one, Which is the proper way for them to sit on the saddle. You must have yours WRONG not rong LOL...

Tool Hook

fhfr436 said:
We've got to get Sherrill to import that Norwegian Tool Hook!

I found that this Tool Hook (see pic) is been sold in Norway, Sweden, and UK by the same that sells Komet Tree Saddels like Sky Belt, Dragonfly, and Butterfly II. :cheers:

attachment.php

correct

JTinaTree said:
WLL ,that's the way mine have been since day one, Which is the proper way for them to sit on the saddle. You must have yours WRONG not rong LOL...
look here

(WLL) said:

WLL, Hmmm, That's funny my clevises are in the same position yours are... You might want to take more time to study ones pictures before you talk smack about there stuff on a public forum..LOL

took another look

JTinaTree said:
WLL, Hmmm, That's funny my clevises are in the same position yours are... You might want to take more time to study ones pictures before you talk smack about there stuff on a public forum..LOL
look again #18 002.jpg this is no mistake im not hatting just looking stop jumping the gun buddy this is correct look at mine and look at yours this is not a safety issue with me but then again im not wearing your saddle either:buttkick: lol lol lol

Latest posts

Back