sticking it to the pane man!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
so after being lined up with the new natural gas line to the home, it's time for the switch from lp to nat. gas!! had the line ran nearly a year ago and just now using the rest of the "GOLDEN LACED LP" down to 12% to have the tide turn for myself instead of the "PROPANE MAN".... TODAY WAS A GOOD FEELING DAY I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF FOR A LONG TIME!! all the changes were made to NG with a new cook stove for the "HAPPIER WIFE" , now the "PROPAIN MAN" can pucker up and kiss my ever loving ash!!! with a small but happy grin to see a return on the unused portion of lp that has to be refunded to this long time payer! "NO MORE"!! ? maybe enough capital on the refund to buy a good bottle of southern comfort sipping whisky for a treat after dinner tomorrow night ? LOL anyone else have a great feeling day today or one coming soon?

I have been dreaming of the same thing for the past 7 years now since moving into our house. I call about every 2 years to the natural gas folks to see if they can get enough interest in the people surrounding me to run a line down this way. Line is less than 4000 feet away but a lack of houses on the road keep it from making it economical for them. Houses are going up everywhere a few miles away but the 130 acres to the direct south of me still sits empty. A new neighborhood was slated to go in there and my dream of natural gas was coming true when the plans were pulled by the development company. I figure it will happen sooner than later but unfortunately not before this winter hits. On the bright side I just had a load of logs delivered earlier this week and a few more lined up to get me through.

so after being lined up with the new natural gas line to the home, it's time for the switch from lp to nat. gas!! had the line ran nearly a year ago and just now using the rest of the "GOLDEN LACED LP" down to 12% to have the tide turn for myself instead of the "PROPANE MAN".... TODAY WAS A GOOD FEELING DAY I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF FOR A LONG TIME!! all the changes were made to NG with a new cook stove for the "HAPPIER WIFE" , now the "PROPAIN MAN" can pucker up and kiss my ever loving ash!!! with a small but happy grin to see a return on the unused portion of lp that has to be refunded to this long time payer! "NO MORE"!! ? maybe enough capital on the refund to buy a good bottle of southern comfort sipping whisky for a treat after dinner tomorrow night ? LOL anyone else have a great feeling day today or one coming soon?
good on yah,,but propane now,,is waaayyyy cheaper in this area than ng.............and am thinking about bringing in muh 1000 gal from the country and parking it on my lot....was 99 cents a gal here this summer...and the propane man said,,theres such a glut of it in Canada,,they are almost at giving it away..his supplier told him that....

Propane price vs. NG price depends on where you are. I am living right in the middle of the Marcellus/Utica shale development areas, and there is such a glut of natural gas that doesn't have a way to get to market that NG well operators are shutting wells in and just sitting on them as proven reserves.

When the export terminals are opened, and we can send gas overseas, things might equalize a bit, but right now NG is far cheaper than propane in my area.

Of course its Friday and pay day always feels good.
everyday is a payday for me ! even if I have to wait for a check to clear the bank as I don't/wont punch a clock for another living being to say "their is my best employee, to work on time , making me money and all that employer garbage".... and "YES" people do call me "SIR", with a smile as I go on my merry way to a good "HOBBY"....... LOL

never was fond of natural gas cook stove after a while the gas will stain the walls and ceiling.

I'm not a fan of electric stoves. They are hard to control the heat since they take a while to heat up or cool down.

I burned the heck out of my hand on my Mom's stove. Electric and the burners are hidden under glass so you can't even tell if it's hot other rhan a little orange light. It stays hot for a good while after its been used apparently!

I'm not sure what you guys pay for propane, but here its about $2.50-3/gallon. Couple years ago it was over $5.
Natural gas is around $1/ccf. My understanding is a ccf (100 cubic feet) is roughly equal to 1 gal of propane.

I use about 500ccf a year (water heater, clothes dryer, kitchen stove, garage heat, backup house heat)

Fuel oil (off road diesel) is 2.45/gal right now. Pretty darn cheap, last year around this time I was happy when it was under $4.

We have no choice but to have LP. The nearest natural gas line is 1.25 miles down the road. For years we were paying inflated prices from a corporate propane company, and because we didn't use enough, they would charge us over $100 dollars a year for non usage fees. This year we decided to purchase a new tank. Now we don't have any fees, don't have to worry about their bs, and we paid $.99 a gallon. Having a LP furnace, dryer and stove, we use a tank every 3 to 4 years. Wood is our primary source of heat.

We have no choice but to have LP. The nearest natural gas line is 1.25 miles down the road. For years we were paying inflated prices from a corporate propane company, and because we didn't use enough, they would charge us over $100 dollars a year for non usage fees. This year we decided to purchase a new tank. Now we don't have any fees, don't have to worry about their bs, and we paid $.99 a gallon. Having a LP furnace, dryer and stove, we use a tank every 3 to 4 years. Wood is our primary source of heat.
yup!!! if you cant find a good used one,,the upfront fees for a tank cost bite a bit, but after that,,you pick and choose,,and at the right time,,who to buy from!!!!!!!!!! what happened to the fuel you had left in their tank????

Back