Sticky cottonwood situation. Need advice.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for just using the word "mean" lots more u could of said. Yeah I was a little saucey. But I'm a lifer and in this business theirs no room for shortimers. Especially ones that may be going to nursing school:D. I think this thread has been milked. The tree was miner. Get back to us when you blast that big SOB. I do think srt is retarded.

I plan on doing this on a part time basis for as long as I'm able. Part-timer? Yes. Short-timer? No.
Once I'm done with school, I'll have a steady, well paying, relatively safe, and secure job working 3 days a week. I plan to be able to take on a few tree jobs in the summer and fall to keep me sane and bring in a little extra cash. Then, during the winter months I ski patrol part time, which also keeps me sane and gets me a season pass. I'm no monday-Friday, 9-5, bend-over-for-the-man in a cubicle kind of guy.

I figure with trees I can take on as little or as much work as I like.

Thanks for your remarks. This is definitely one of the biggest and most methodical of the trees I've done. I just tried to take my time, and small bites. Better to have to make a few extra cuts and small pieces than bite off too much and risk injury. Certainly good lessons learned on this one.

Several of these trees will be coming out all together plus a few busted top pines. This yard will be a good cash cow for me this summer. The red house is my grandparents neighbor's and my gparents house is the one closer to the mountains. Neither one is in a huge hurry to get these done so I'll be able to get them done at my convenience over the summer. When work elsewhere slows down I can put in some days here. I just need some cheap bodies to haul rounds to my trailer:).

I'm going to need a MUCH bigger saw for the main trunks though. The biggest of the condemned trees (the one I'm climbing) is over 40" at it's base Woof. I'll consider it an investment. I'm hoping to net $3,000 by the end of it.

that's the best work there is, when things slow down u got more work waiting. Check out the stihl 660 with a 36g bar. Beast! Thanks for sharing man I made a lowering device that I can run 2 lines thru simultaneously to get huge pieces down The "BIG WOOD CHUCKER" - YouTube

Back