Stihl 010 What's it worth???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimR

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
I found a very nice condition Stihl 010 with a 14 and 16" bar. The price is $80.00. Is it worth it? I can't find when these were made. I think it must be a 1970's early 80's saw. I need a saw for small branches and such. TIA, JimR

Last edited:
njforestfire

njforestfire

ArboristSite Operative
If it runs and it isn't all beat up...IMO, yes - worth the $80. I would offer less to start. See if you can check the cyl. wall (thru the removed exhaust) first for any scratches.

fishhuntcutwood

fishhuntcutwood

Full wraps and long bars!!!!!!!!!
From IN, stationed in Port Angeles, WA, but AK is
Any saw is worth what you're willing to pay for it. I've seen 020's and 011's go on ebay for $80 or less, but then again, you've got shipping costs and the chance of not getting what you expexted when it arrives. But you also have to think about what, if anything will be required from you to get it running. When I bought an 020 on ebay, I had to figure in the price of converting it from 1/4" to 3/8" Picco bar/chain/sprocket. If the saw fits your needs, is in good condition, runs well out the door, and is readily available from a good source then I think $80 would be somewhat fair-especially with two bars. I wouldn't call it a steal, but I'd call it a fair price.

Take care all,
Jeff

Latest posts