Stihl 012 carburetor issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to get it running?

• Where to get replacement carb.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • solutions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every time I read one of these threads I have to wonder why my 010 is still running today. That carb setup is an engineering nightmare. For example, note where the tank vent goes. Then see how Sthl thought that their buyers should tune the carb by playing blind man's bluff. Add to that the impossible mission needed to rebuild the top end. Then there's the power switch issue, a complete after thought -- a 5" length of copper attached to a slide switch to make contact with the frame? I could go on and on, But heck, guys, this is a classic.

Every time I read one of these threads I have to wonder why my 010 is still running today. That carb setup is an engineering nightmare. For example, note where the tank vent goes. Then see how Sthl thought that their buyers should tune the carb by playing blind man's bluff. Add to that the impossible mission needed to rebuild the top end. Then there's the power switch issue, a complete after thought -- a 5" length of copper attached to a slide switch to make contact with the frame? I could go on and on, But heck, guys, this is a classic.
My 009l has a little rubber guide for carb adjustments

Latest posts

Back